Pages

Monday, May 05, 2008

Ole!

(Note: The title of this post has nothing to do with its contents. It's just because, well, you know.)

Here is the latest contribution to my fast-growing handspun stash, plied and finished on Saturday:

Sakina Needles BFL roving from The Loopy Ewe, in a colorway called Watermelon that looked more pink online. In real life, it's much more the colors of a fresh carrot.

Four ounces, Navajo plied, approximately 311 yards in all. Not my ideal choice of colors, but I'm proud of it nonetheless. I haven't measured wraps per inch on this, but holding it up to other yarns for comparison shows it to be a fingering weight. It's enough for a short pair of socks or another small accessory.


Or perhaps this would be a better fit in someone else's stash. Maybe someone wants to trade this for some other fiber?

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:21 PM

    Very nice!!! Also, the booties - very cute! I can't wait to start knitting every day again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:42 AM

    How was that Navajo plying? Looks like the yarn is perfect, so obviously you picked it up quickly but how did you learn it? I really want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your plying is amazing! i can't navajo ply if my life depended on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the plying! I keep hearing how difficult it is to Navajo ply (I keep knitting "play" instead of "ply" - there, I just did it again), looks like you've got down woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:32 PM

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete