Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Pair and a Spare

You know the tendency of one sock of a pair to walk off or mysteriously disappear in the wash? I think I've found the solution.*

These also work well if you've got three feet.



Pattern: my own Baby Ribs
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Mega Boots Stretch, leftover from my socks
Needles: US 1 (2.25 mm) bamboo dpns
Started/Completed: May 15/May 16 (pair); May 17 (extra)
Recipient: a baby to be determined

I love that these don't really match in terms of color sequence but that they just go together. They were fun and fast, and I'm pretty sure they'll be cute on any baby.

*Okay, I'll be completely honest. I wasn't intending to make three individual socks. I was trying to make two pairs, but after completing the third sock, I didn't have enough yarn leftover to make a fourth. So three it is. Actually, I kind of like the idea; I may make three socks for all babies in the future!

Tomorrow night: Hurricane Knitters, starting at 7 p.m. at the Waterworks Barnes & Noble. I'll be there with my Seamless Hybrid, now in the yoke decreases!

5 comments:

  1. Well now that is a brilliant idea! And the socks look lovely - different but the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the person who sorts the socks in my family, having 3 socks would be wonderful! I love this! They're pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two for me- one for the dog- what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea (even if it wasn't your original plan)! Those are some lovely baby socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:51 AM

    I think it's amazing you had that much yarn leftover from those socks. What a great and adorable way to use up leftovers.

    ReplyDelete