Pages

Thursday, September 04, 2008

It Might Be a Miracle

Imagine my surprise when, just two days after it was shipped, I discovered this box waiting for me when I got home from work today.

This might be a new record. I had free shipping, which typically means a longer wait, but my package wasn't even held up in Leetsdale, where Knit Picks packages usually go to die. (Well, not really, but they do have a tendency to sit for a while; this box was there less than 12 hours.)

And just what's in the box? I'll give you a little peek ...

There's an assortment of things in there, but I'll save a full review of the contents for another blog post, once I've had time and good lighting to properly photograph everything.

The beads for my mystery stole arrived yesterday as well. They're exactly what I wanted.


They're a dark metallic gray -- hematite, really -- that should add a little sparkle to my yarn without detracting from its color. Unfortunately my crochet hook is just a tad too large to fit the holes, so I'll be making a quick trip over to Natural Stitches after work tomorrow to exchange it for a smaller one.

I would be remiss if I did not thank you all again publicly for your kind anniversary wishes. The Mister and I went out for a nice dinner and then came home to eat some of our wedding cake, which had been in my parents' freezer for the past year (for the record, it was delicious!). We're both excited to see what our second year of marriage has in store for us!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:56 PM

    i don't understand you people who take pics of the box and then take pics of the contents. that's just some patience I DON'T HAVE. God bless you.

    i ordered some Smooshy from the Loopy Ewe at 1056 and called them at 1058 to change the colorway and they said my skein was already wrapped. i was SHOCKED. now, they were probably doing the last orders before the PO person came but still....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:10 PM

    That IS a miracle! I always get excited when I see that my order from Knit Picks has shipped and then am disappointed with how long it takes to get to me.

    The beads are pretty; I love hematite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:25 PM

    Ooh, the first anniversary Yarn present! No? lol.

    Happy Anniversary! Your dress is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:38 PM

    Belated congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! Wow, I remember when you got married! Isn't that crazy that we internet people keep up with each other like that and for so long? It's a new world...

    I can't wait to see what you make with those beads. I love Hematite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:35 AM

    I'd love to dig into that box!
    Happy anniversary! (a few days late)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a Christmas miracle! In September!

    Our cake top lasted 5 years - we'd defrost it in the fridge (and by "we" I mean me), cut a slice, then pop it back in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete