Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Shades of Gray

It took four hours and 45 minutes, but I finished plying the merino/alpaca. I started with a couple of hours this morning and finished up late this afternoon and this evening, unfortunately after the sun had gone down, hence these flash photos. (Is anyone else as depressed as I that it's now dark at 7 p.m.?)

I used up all but the tiniest bit of singles left on one bobbin, and toward the end I was having to move the slider every 30 seconds or so to fit just a little more on the already-full bobbin. Even The Mister noticed how full it was, saying, "That's one full spindle!" when I announced I was finally done. (Okay, so he used the wrong word, but I give him full credit for using spinning terminology!)


I sat at the wheel so long plying this that I got a bit of a cramp in my back, so I'm going to let the yarn rest on the bobbin until tomorrow, when I'll get out my niddy-noddy and find out just how much I have. This yarn is heavy laceweight/light fingering weight, for the most part, and considering just how crammed full of yarn the bobbin is, I'm thinking I've got some good yardage here. Make your guess now!

6 comments:

  1. Looking good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, that is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hatehatehate that it's getting dark so early now! It gets the screaming neighborhood kids off the street earlier now, though, so I guess it's not all bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! The change in sunset was much more obvious/annoying/depressing when I was at the Lake. I don't notice nearly as much when I'm here, but you bet your boots I'll be bummed when it's time to "fall back"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:57 AM

    That's sooo pretty!

    I hate that it's getting dark so early now. It's going to suck even more in another month when we fall back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:30 AM

    that looks awesome!!! your hubby is cute. back when i used to quilt a lot more than i do now, jermaine used the term "fat quarter" at any opportunity imaginable

    ReplyDelete