Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

All the Little Things

Tomorrow is July, which means it's officially time for me to do some baby knitting for two babies that are due in the coming month. I probably should have started earlier, but at least little things knit up quickly.

On Sunday evening I cast on for the Boy Sweater in Malabrigo Rios. By the time I put it down for the night, I'd nearly finished the raglan increases. Fast, right?


I have two rows left to do before I put the sleeve stitches on waste yarn and start working in the round for the body. I suspect this will be a very quick knit.

Tomorrow night is knit night, and I'm finally going to make it (the Mister has managed to be away or at a work event every knit night for the past two months or so). I'm planning on using the opportunity to cast on for the second baby sweater, which will be a Helena. I'm using some Knit Picks Swish that's been in the stash for quite some time (part of a couple of kits that I bought on clearance and soon realized I'd never make).


I figured white would be an okay choice for a 6-month-old, especially as she'll be around that age come the holidays. The yarn is machine washable, too, so it should be easy to care for even if it does get messy.

Meanwhile, I found myself winding yarn at about 9:55 Sunday night because I realized that I did not have a project on the needles to work on at lunch. I picked up a skein of Fibernymph Dye Works Bounce that I bought a couple of weeks ago to start some new socks for me. These are going to be very bright socks indeed. The colorway is called Advance to Go; it's inspired by the colors of Monopoly. I can see how these stripes are going to get very addictive.


Why did I need a new lunchtime project? Well, it's because I finished the shawl! I managed to get it blocked and take some photos over the weekend, and here's a preview:


The pattern is now with my tech editor, so I hope to have it all wrapped up and ready for public consumption in the next couple of weeks. I'm really excited about this one!

1 comment:

  1. Those stripes are fantastic! I love the border on that shawl as well, it really opened up beautifully!

    ReplyDelete