Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Flowers in the Courtyard

It took several plying sessions, but I finished my Three Waters Farm Falkland on Friday night.


It seemed to be taking quite a while to both spin the singles and ply, and I soon realized why as I was skeining the yarn -- there's a lot of yarn here! The plied yarn was a light fingering weight fresh off the wheel, but it poofed up a good bit in the finishing.


After drying, this skein is a whopping 455.5 yards, more than enough for a pair of stripey socks!

It's now a little less than two weeks until the start of the Tour de Fleece, and I'm going to try to squeeze one more skein in before then. There is a lot of fiber piled up next to my bed, but I selected Death (on superwash merino) from Into the Whirled. I'm nearly finished with the first bobbin.


I'm planning a three-ply fingering weight (my usual), and I simply split the top in thirds, so the finished appearance of the colors will be a complete surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment