Pages

Monday, December 12, 2022

Four More Days

Good morning, friends! Boy, is it ever a Monday morning here! After a rough night of sleep for Rainbow (when she can't fall asleep, she comes to wake me up so I can lie with her in her twin bed -- how that helps her, I can't say), we had to get out the door early this morning for a 7:15 orthodontist appointment for which we waited half an hour. I have just gotten home after dropping her off a little late at school and am nursing the last of my coffee.

On the plus side, this is the last Monday of school and work for us this week! So I have just four more days of work to get through before I'm on vacation until next year -- and of course there's still a lot of stuff to come this week, but not having to think about work after Thursday will be a relief.

We had a fairly quiet weekend ahead of a very active one. Rainbow was actually out of the house all day on Saturday, first at school for an extracurricular group she's part of and then out with a couple of friends for lunch and shopping to celebrate the birthday of one of them, so I was able to go for a long walk, clean the bathrooms, and do a ton of laundry. Yesterday was more of the same. Quite a lot of crafting was completed, too -- take a look at the baby sweater!

As if the pockets weren't cute enough, how adorable are the faux elbow patches? I have roughly half a sleeve and the buttonbands and collar left to knit, and all the ends have been woven in other than the one for the start of the second sleeve. Clearly this will need a good blocking, and it's my top priority this week so it can be dry, wrapped up, and ready to be handed off to the recipients before we leave for vacation.

Something you can't see is that this post is successfully being written on my new laptop. We did the transfer on Saturday afternoon, and though it involved some finagling of passwords, it really was quite painless. The new one is a MacBook Air, so it's a bit lighter than the old one and, most importantly, it's not swelling in the middle!

I've got to sign off now to get started on work, but I'll leave you with this little funny bit that Duolingo treated me to over the weekend:


Have as good of a day as you can!

9 comments:

  1. Those elbow patches! Oh my gosh! Too adorable!

    May your week be calmer! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing me some fun things on a gray and cold Monday - those adorable elbow patches and sheep in the road! I wish you a good week as you get ready for a big weekend and vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am kinda sorta hoping that Elder Son and DIL have a boy so I can knit this sweater for him :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would knit this for any baby -- I think the Grumpy Old Man look is perfect for anyone!

      Delete
  4. What a darling little sweater!!! The next time I hear about a baby needing a sweater, I'm definitely checking out that one . . . with the pockets and the elbow patches. So cute! Here's a to a good week, Sarah. I know you've got a LOT going on right now . . . so that vacation is going to feel GREAT. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet sweater! I'm glad you had a quiet weekend - what a great weekend for crafting! Your duolingo question was perfect - mouton! I can't help but say that in a french accent :) I just started Japanese on Duolingo and it is really hard, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sweater gets cuter every time you share it! I hope your week passes easily, you've got a big weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you need a bumper sticker in French that reads (pardon errors and lack of accent marks here): 'J'arrete pour les moutons!'
    Such a sweet sweater... Good luck with the upcoming events, and enjoy that vacation anticipation. (And isn't it neat sometimes when your kiddo has a full, independent day? Sounds like a lot of fun for her.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoo- boy. Since tonight is Tuesday, you have three more days. I remember well how it felt to get to the winter break. The baby sweater gets cuter by the minute. I put that pattern in my favorites. I hope the rest of the week goes by without a hitch for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete