Pages

Friday, December 16, 2022

Let the Celebrations Begin

Phew, it's Friday, finally! As of yesterday, I officially have a teenager in the house. And as of 5 p.m. yesterday, I'm officially on vacation from work until January 3, 2023. But I can't really rest just yet because of course the bat mitzvah festivities kick off this evening. Rainbow is done with school at noon today, and this afternoon we'll try to have a little bit of calm before the storm.

If you recall, I had a goal of finishing up two projects before we leave for Florida, and I'm very nearly there. I bound off the baby sweater Wednesday evening and gave it a good soak yesterday. It's still drying and still needs its three buttons sewn on, so I guess you could say it's not officially an FO just yet, but the knitting, at least, is done.


I've got it sitting on top of the radiator in the hopes that the heat will speed along the drying progress. I'll likely need to have it ready to be delivered by Sunday, so it needs to dry ASAP!

I'm also very nearly done with the hat, with about nine rounds left on the crown. Each crown round decreases eight stitches, so each one is faster. I should have no problem finishing this up today.


I'd ideally also like to get my latest spins all plied before we leave, and I finished plying the first skein yesterday. I'd like to start the second today, but we'll see how far I get. I figure I can always skein and wash when we get home from vacation if I have to, and of course by then I will no longer have to worry about spoilers.

Okay, friends, I need to go brave the gross weather for a run so I can be back and showered in time to pick Rainbow up from school when she's dismissed at noon. We have a big weekend ahead of us, so we'd appreciate all the good thoughts for things to go smoothly! I am going to do my best to post some photos from the big event on Monday. In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. That sweater is indeed adorable and the hat beautiful. I will be thinking about you, Rainbow, and your family tomorrow, hoping things go smoothly, and you can relax and feel all the joy and pride in your lovely daughter. Mazel Tov (I hope that's the appropriate thing to say)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your weekend and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you all a wonderful day today as Rainbow is called to the Torah! Mazel Tov!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sending all the good thoughts for Rainbow and you all for this incredibly wonderful weekend! And yes, Mazel Tov!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something really joyful about finishing work for the holidays and knowing you don't have to think about work for a couple of weeks. Hope your weekend is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now it is Saturday evening. I have been thinking of you and your family today. I hope the celebration and service were wonderful. The little sweater is darling. Fingers crossed that it dries quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see pictures from the weekend! I'm sure it was a wonderful time and I wish you safe travels down to FL. The baby sweater is darling (I love that the elbows look like they have patches on them).

    ReplyDelete