Pages

Friday, December 02, 2022

Reasons to Smile

Happy December, friends! I still think I'm owed an extra week of November, but here we are in the last month of the year. As of this morning, I have 10 days of work left this year, 13 more days until I have a teenager, 15 more days until we host the bat mitzvah we've been planning for almost a year, and 17 more days until we leave for our Florida vacation. Yes, things are going to get hectic around here! So today's post is all about pausing to appreciate happy things.

First, Wednesday was a really long day, but it contained some good things. I successfully made my fifth blood donation this year and we also got to meet our new nephew/cousin. Rainbow, naturally, is over the moon, particularly since her older cousin doesn't much like to snuggle anymore.


Last night I fixed the hole caused by the dropped stitch in her Hitchhiker, and I don't think you could find where it was if I didn't leave the safety pin in to mark the spot:


I've started spinning my Fibernymph Dye Works Holiday Countdown Set and have gotten through five little bundles of fiber -- I'm spinning them out of order to have one skein that's more cool colors and one that's more warm colors, so I'm showing this photo in black and white so I don't spoil the surprise for anyone.


And, finally, I released two patterns today, De Reflectie Hat and De Reflectie Cowl, both available on Ravelry and Payhip!


I hope that you find some reasons to smile today! Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. This post offers a lot to smile about! Love the count downs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Rainbow with her new cousin... so cute! Her smile says it all!

    I saw the patterns on Ravelry this morning! Well done you!

    I am sending you all the extra juju necessary for all the excitement coming your way in the next couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rainbow and her new cousin are both adorable, and you all certainly have a big December! The Hitchhiker fix looks great and I will be thinking about your family during the bat mitzvah. I think other religions could use a similar coming-of-age ceremony and I hope you'll have time to share photos when things aren't too hectic. I'm really interested in the tallit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is full of joy! Rainbow and the Baby! Your knitting fix! Spinning! Your gorgeous new patterns! Wow -- I'm exhausted just reading this post, ha.

    Like Bonny, I'm also anxious to hear how the tallit is coming along. I have thought about it every time you've mentioned Rainbow's bat mitzvah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rainbow looks so happy holding her new cousin! And you've definitely got a busy time coming up but the reward of a trip to Florida will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! Rainbow looks in her GLORY with that baby boy! (Have to tell you--at first glimpse of the screen, before my eyes FULLY rested on the picture, I thought it was you!!) And that profile of her in the hat--whoa, she looks so grown up. I'd say your comment about 13 more days til you have a teenager in the house is evident right there in that lovely picture! Huge congrats to you all. (On so much!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious photo of Rainbow and her new little cousin. She is at a good age to cuddle with that new little one. She looks so grown up. How does that happen so quickly? You do have a busy few weeks ahead of you but all the events sound wonderful. Congratulations on the pattern release.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much GOOD here, Sarah. XO (But that photo of Rainbow beaming with her new cousin is just the best!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree that the picture of Rainbow with her new cousin is the sweetist and she sure does look like you! And gosh! You've a busy December, but it is filled with so many great things. Count me as another who is anxious to see the Tallit and also hear all about (and see pictures) of Rainbow's bat miyzvah!

    ReplyDelete