Pages

Monday, August 05, 2024

Early August Weekending

Waking up on Monday morning is always hard, but this morning didn't seem to be so bad after I finally caught up on sleep this weekend. Thank goodness! Last week was very stressful, so I needed that rest.

We didn't have a lot planned for the weekend, though as usual it got busier than expected. After sleeping until almost 8 on Saturday, I filled my morning with errands and chores -- post office, UPS drop-off, liquor store, cleaning the bathrooms, doing laundry. Very exciting stuff! But it was all stuff that had to get done, and once it was done, I could relax. We had some rain move through in the afternoon and on and off overnight, which we very badly needed. Yesterday was clear and beautiful, and we spent the afternoon at some friends' pool. And the exciting part of all that is that I made some good progress on the boring socks:

I've officially completed the gusset decreases on sock number two, so it's smooth sailing from here on out. I've got two meetings and a lot of reading to do today, so these will be on hand and getting some attention, and perhaps by the time we get to Wednesday, they will be finished!

8 comments:

  1. That rain was so welcome!! I hope your day cooperates to allow for the finishing of those socks (which are really just gorgeous!) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pool sounds so inviting but even better is that you're on the home stretch with those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The end is in sight! I'm sure the rest of the foot will fly off the needles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even a large foot should go quickly!! Nice to hear you were able to catch up a bit over the weekend. Here's hoping your work week is an easy one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm chuckling . . . as I always think socks are rather dull to knit! I'm sure yours will be finished soon. We've had a ton of rain here this summer -- hot, steamy, AND rainy . . . with a heavy dose of mosquitoes on the side. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think errands like that in the heat are exhausting. I'm glad you got to cool off in your friend's pool! Here's to a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa, Sarah - I'm glad for. you that those socks are almost done - not only are they solid, they're dark! (have you figured out what's going on your needles next?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are making great projects on those man-sized socks. I'm glad you got some good rest. We had a hot hot weekend and Monday but tomorrow is supposed to bring some relief.

    ReplyDelete