Pages

Friday, August 30, 2024

Short and Long

For a short week, it's been a long one. Being the only parent at home is certainly a lot easier now that Mo is a teenager and fairly self-sufficient, but it does mean twice the driving (usually the Mister does drop off in the morning and I do pickup in the afternoon) and cleaning up after dinner in addition to cooking, so I've been busier than usual this past week while he's been at a work conference. But he got home last night, so we're back to the normal routine for one day before we have another long weekend.

I am just about done with the Newborn Vertebrae, and I very well may finish it today if I can find an hour or two to knit:

I wound off yarn before starting both sleeves so that the stripe sequence wouldn't be interrupted, and I'm hopeful that the sleeves will match each other well enough. Obviously the recipient isn't going to care one way or the other, but it's the kind of thing that would bother me if they didn't match.

Yesterday I also managed to ply the first of my sleeve skeins for my sweater spin:

The singles were spun so quickly that I didn't even mention that I was spinning them! I'm hoping to skein this up today and also get started on the second skein. It would be great to have all the yarn spun and be ready to cast on the sweater in time for the kick-off of the Pigskin Party next week!

We don't have any really exciting plans for Labor Day weekend, though we'll be getting together with family. This evening my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew have plans, so instead of our usual family Friday night dinner at my parents' house, we are taking my parents to Friday night services at our synagogue (they haven't been since we hired our cantor) and then the five of us are going out to dinner to celebrate my parents' anniversary yesterday (48 years!) and our anniversary Monday (17 years). We'll be having dinner with all the family, my in-laws, and my brother's in-laws on Sunday, and then Monday we may be going to the Labor Day parade because there's a chance both the president and the vice president will be here for it! I think I am most excited about the fact that the temperature is supposed to drop after today and that we are supposed to get more rain tomorrow. I am sick of the heat and humidity!

Have a wonderful weekend, whatever you have planned!

9 comments:

  1. That is such a cute baby sweater! I have my fingers crossed for matching stripes! Happy Anniversary to your parents and YOU! What lovely milestones to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Newborn Vetrebrae looks almost ready for a baby, and that handspun is really nice. It almost glows! Happy Anniversary to all the celebrants and I'm also excited for real fall temps and lower humidity to get here (and stick around)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweater is so dang cute, I love the colors so much! Glad to hear that the Mister is back home and you can settle back into your normal routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A long weekend and then school begins around here. Both of the boys will be in school this year! Second grade and preschool. It is crazy. Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. It HAS been such a weird week! I hope you had time to work on your newborn vertebrae today. And I hope you have a Biden/Harris/(Walz?) sighting at the parade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little sweater is darling. Have I written that previously? I hope you get your spinning finished in time for the kick-off party. Sounds like you have a great weekend on tap. Happy Anniversary to all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds as if you are going to have a wonderful weekend. Congratulations and I hope it will be as awesome as it sounds! (The vertebrae is lovely, I'm sure it's done by now, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that sweater is simply precious! Best wishes on your anniversary ... and for sighting the President/VP at the parade!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sweater is so cute! Sounds like a fun weekend with lots of family time!

    ReplyDelete