Pages

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

It's the Little Things

It has been a long couple of days. Rainbow came down with some sort of bug on Sunday afternoon; yesterday morning, she had a fever and a sore throat, so we took her to the doctor for a strep test. Thankfully it came back negative, but we've kept her at home the past two days so she can rest and not infect anyone else. It's not an easy thing for me to miss two days of work, but I will say that it has been nice to sit and knit most of the day, especially considering how busy our weekends have been lately.

Although I haven't really touched them the past two days (I've been distracted by a new design idea), my two big projects are moving forward. I am nearly finished with the first sleeve of my sweater -- I even made it to the cable pattern on the cuff!


I'd estimate I have between 3 and 4 more inches to knit before this sleeve is completely done.

And though I've had to put it down for a couple of days to let my hands rest, Rainbow's doll is just about done (there's just the embroidery on the face to do) and I've started the accessories. The diaper was the first thing done, and it was nice to be finished with the flesh color.


The hat is on the needles and should be a quick knit once I can bring myself to pick it up again, and all that remains after the hat (and the braids that are attached) is the dress. I still have to decide if I will stripe the dress or do it in a solid color, though I suppose that will depend largely on how much yarn is left after the hat is done.

I'm planning to go back to work tomorrow (the Mister will stay with the kid if she's still under the weather) and I'm sure it's going to be a crazy day of trying to catch up, but there's knit night at the end of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment