Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

All About the Mitts

For the past several days, I have been knitting furiously to try to finish up the sample of my Hermia Mitts. I cast on the first one on Thursday evening and finished it on Saturday. The second one was started on Sunday and is just about finished today. This means I can block this week and then (I hope!) do a quick photo shoot this weekend. I'll be very glad to get them off the needles because I have a sample to knit for another commission (yes, sorry, that means secret knitting).


There is still a lot of knitting happening related to hands, though. My LYS is hosting a mitten knitalong at the moment, with the choice of four patterns. I bought two of them -- Susan B. Anderson's Waiting for Winter Mittens and Kirsten Kapur's Wood Hollow Mittens. I figured I'd make the former for Rainbow using the skein of Spud & Chloe Sweater leftover from her school sweater (it should be enough yardage to make two pairs), and I knew I wanted to make the latter for me, but I wasn't sure about the yarn. Then, while I was sitting and knitting at the shop on Saturday, I spied this in the orphans bin:


This is Dream in Color Classy in Gold Experience. I'm still a bit surprised that I picked up this skein, because it's not at all my usual colors. But I love this yarn and I think it will make really nice mittens. Now I just have to find time to wind the two skeins and cast on!

1 comment:

  1. The mitts are gorgeous. I love knitting fingerless mitts because they knit up so quickly. And your new orphan skein is beautiful. It's not my usual colors, either, but I too would have found it impossible to resist.

    ReplyDelete