Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Plans for a Three-Day Weekend

It's another wet, cold day here in Western Pennsylvania. We had a snow/rain mix yesterday and are due for more of the same today. The gloom is really depressing, but today I'm not letting it put a damper on my mood because I have a three-day weekend coming up! Rainbow's school is closed tomorrow (for a teacher in-service day) and Monday (for Presidents Day), so I've arranged to work from home tomorrow and take a vacation day on Monday. All of that translates to much more knitting time! When I work from home, I can often get away with knitting because if I don't have any actual work to do, I'm good to do whatever as long as I keep an eye on my email. That works out perfectly because I set up my laptop next to my spinning chair to keep an eye on things and can knit or spin in the meantime.

One project I really hope to make a lot of progress on is my Darkwater; as of last night, I have about five inches of body done. For as much fun as the colorwork was to knit, stockinette in the round is really the perfect thing this week, as work as been busy and my brain has been absolutely fried by the time I sit down to knit in the evening.


That project bag is my current favorite sweater bag -- it's from Amy Beth of Fat Squirrel Fibers. I have several of her bags and they are all extremely well made.

I'm still working on my Louisette Socks as well. I turned the heel and have started knitting up the leg, but they don't look much different from the last time you saw them, so I will spare you from having to see another dark photo.

Right now I'm pondering mittens, mainly because my hands have been cold lately and the warmest mittens I have are actually a bit big on me. I happen to have two mitten patterns in my 20 in 2020 pattern list: the Snow Day Mittens, which I plan to make for myself to match (sort of) the pair I made for Rainbow, and Brackthaw, for which I'm planning to use yarn I received from my FibreShare partner last year. Today marks the start of the Woolly Thistle Mitten KAL, so I might actually wind  the yarn and cast on for the latter tonight. I know they won't be super fast to knit, but given that the high tomorrow is only supposed to be in the low 20s F, I'm certainly going to be motivated to get them done quickly so that I can wear them.

Whether or not you have a three-day weekend ahead to look forward to, I hope it's a good one!

11 comments:

  1. I find stockinette in the round to be good for nearly all knitting situations, especially poorly lit ones when I'm tired (which is happening a lot to me too lately). Enjoy the time away from work ... rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So last week I think I commented on how much I love your color combo in that sweater...now I can't stop looking at that bag! I'd say I'm definitely not a hoarder. Probably very much the opposite. But bags--project bags, tote bags, etc.--they're in a category all their own! Happy Days Off!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another still in love with your Darkwater. And the bag!!! Hope your long weekend is just as you would like it to be - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that sweater is GORGEOUS!! And count me among the fans of that super cute bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your plans sound perfect for a very cold weekend! I bet you'll make loads of knitting and spinning progress.
    P.S. Add another fan of that knitting bag and someone whose resistance to clicking on the link was futile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking great! Have a nice long weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have the best plans for a long weekend! You are flying on your sweater, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Your sweater is Gorgeous!!
    Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sweater is wonderful! Love the colors. Have a great long weekend and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sweater is so pretty. I love the color combination. The Brackthaw mittens are gorgeous. I have several pairs of colorwork mittens and they are warm. I enjoy wearing them. Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete