Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Right on Track

Spinning progress has been a little slower than in the past, but I'm still on track (at least as far as I'm concerned) with the spinning for Rainbow's tallit. Thanks in large part to a virtual spinning meet-up yesterday afternoon, I've officially passed the halfway point on the FatCatKnits Polwarth/silk singles. I had split the fiber into four strips and am now on the third of them.


I have also pulled out the other color that we have been entertaining as a pairing for this brighter colorway, and it's from very deep stash. It's Polwarth from Crown Mountain Farms, which closed down a number of years ago (I think, in fact, that this might've been from the last order I placed when they announced they were closing).


It's actually a bit darker in real life than it's appearing here (I was getting a bit of a glare from the window), but at least you can see the hints of pink and purple and orange that I think will play nicely with the colors in the brighter Polwarth/silk.

For those of you who, like me, are fans of HipStrings and are thinking ahead to the Tour de Fleece, I wanted to mention that Jill has made available some really intriguing batt options for TdF this year. I decided on the "personal favorites" option, and I'm really excited to see what she comes up with!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so cool, Sarah. It’s really hard for me to picture what those two will look like together so I can’t wait to see how they play together. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow, it looks super pretty! I think it will be a really great combo, and I'm curious what the weaver will say about it, to be honest! (Is it someone in your Synagogue?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your spinning is so gorgeous, that color is one of my favorites. have fun and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Katie said :-) also, I'm really loving the joy you seem to be getting from diving deep into your stash and spinning/knitting with it - yay!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the green Polwarth and the Crown Mountain Farms fleece will make an interesting companion. I'm looking forward to seeing this project progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy you are moving right along! (That little spinning group is just so wonderful for productivity!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see the full spectrum of this project, Sarah. What a meaningful, memorable spin!

    ReplyDelete