Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

A Day for a To-Do List

Is it really only Tuesday? It's been a really busy week so far, and last night I was awakened several times by some crazy lightning and thunderstorms (here's a short video if you want a visual). I need all the coffee today as well as a to-do list so I can make sure I don't forget everything (I don't want to be like the Mister, who just had to turn around and come home on his way to the office because he forgot his coffee!).

One item on my to-do list, provided work allows for it, is to turn my cryptic notes for this hat -- finished over the weekend -- into a real pattern:


I am so pleased with how this turned out, especially the crown. I'd been thinking about this crazy decrease for a while, but I wasn't sure if it would turn out the same way in yarn as it did in my head. That seems to be a common issue for me in my designing. This time, however, it turned out pretty much exactly as I'd hoped, so the only challenge left is how to describe it so that others can do it; I'm thinking that a photo tutorial might be in order.

Also on my list for today? Finish a library book -- I have 50 more pages to go and want to include it in tomorrow's post!

7 comments:

  1. My Monday was an extra cup of coffee kind of day. I am so excited for this hat. I am on the lookout for a lovely skein of yarn (is is fingering?) so I will be ready when those notes become a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic hat, Sarah! Everything about it. Looking forward to hearing what book you finish today. I probably have 2 days left on what I know will be one of my 2021 favorites. You've read it...I think you even recommended it for one of my squares...and it's painfully good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT hat, Sarah! (I'll be interested in that pattern, for sure.) I love the way it looks in that self-striping yarn. And I hope your day brings you a lot of crossed-off items on your to-do list --- AND a finished library book! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that hat and I'm glad for you that it worked out the way you hoped it would.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new hat! It looks really cool, I think that this will work well for all ages! :)

    Thank you for the video - as someone who LOVES thunderstorms, this was really nice to watch! (But yeah, it's not really nice if you have the thunder right above you and sit in your bed upright several times ;) ).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful hat! I loved the image of the crown you posted on IG! I will be very interested in the pattern as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome hat! What a relief to have it turn out the way you envisioned it.

    I hope your Tuesday ended up going smoothly -- but lots of coffee is never a bad thing in my world :)

    ReplyDelete