Pages

Sunday, November 07, 2021

A Day of Rest and a Photo Dump

It's about 4 p.m. on Sunday and it's already looking dark out there -- queue the seasonal affective disorder now! Usually I don't mind getting the extra hour of sleep when we turn the clocks back to standard time, but I do very much mind how early it gets dark this time of year.

First, I am catching up on last weekend with the promised photo of Rainbow in her Halloween costume. On the left is the character she was supposed to be. I sewed the ears that we put on a headband to make her look more like a dog (I think that's what Isabelle is?). Those of you who sew for real will excuse my slapdash job -- Rainbow was happy, and that's all I cared about. We also spent nothing on that project, because we salvaged the fabric from a fleece scarf she'd been given at school and used a headband she already had. We did purchase the skirt and the sweatshirt, but she plans to wear both of them again.


Yesterday was a big day here. We were up bright and early (me because I was excited, Rainbow because she was anxious) and headed over to her school for their immunization clinic. They held it outside on the athletic field, and while she was waiting for other friends to get their shots, she was running around and chatting with friends. She acknowledged afterwards that it was not as bad as she was expecting, and she happily posed with Jabby:

As if that wasn't enough excitement for the day, I got my booster shot in the afternoon as well. I'd learned last week that there are some mental health conditions on the list of underlying conditions that qualify you for a booster, so I signed up for one at our local CVS (I'll just note, though, that I was never directly asked if I had an underlying condition, for what it's worth). I got another Pfizer shot to match my first two, and the Mister plans to get his booster next weekend (I dissuaded him from getting one at the same time so that if we reacted we wouldn't both be in bed).

When I got back from my appointment, Rainbow and the Mister were out buying a new winter coat and new sneakers -- the kid is has grown 2.5 inches since February and is now wearing a women's 5 1/2 shoe! -- so I had a quiet house to myself. I pulled out my library book and sat down at the wheel, and by last night, I had, finally, a second complete bobbin of singles for my combo spin:


There's just one bobbin of singles left to spin, and I'm really hoping I can get that done soon. I'm both excited to see how this all plies up and ready to move on to something new.

Today has been a day of resting for me and Rainbow. She's been feeling tired and achy from her shot, and I've reacted much like I did to my second dose -- achy joints and tiredness, plus some chills. Despite the extra hour of sleep, we were both not feeling great this morning, so I told her she could skip Hebrew and religious school this morning, and that was actually a good thing for me, too. The Mister was kind enough to change the sheets on the beds and do the grocery shopping so us girls could stay home and rest. Rainbow requested tacos for dinner, which are messy but easy to cook, and I hope we can all get into bed early and get a good night's rest.

I hope you've had some rest this weekend as well and that you have some people in your life who you can count on to take care of you when you're feeling under the weather!

8 comments:

  1. I think Isabelle is a cute character and Rainbow as Isabelle even more so! (I like that sweatshirt and would be happy if I found one in my size!) I'm so glad that Rainbow got her first shot and you got your booster. I'm sorry you're tired and achy, but that's a sign that your immune systems are working. I hope tacos and a good night's sleep help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute costume and I love Jabby! Rest up - this time change thing is exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rainbow is so cute!! I have no idea who that character is but that’s okay - I think you pulled it off!!

    So glad you were able to get a booster and that Rainbow was able to get her first shot. What a relief!

    I hear you on the exhaustion. I’m just trying to embrace it as cozy season and be okay with all the rest. Much easier said than done, as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rainbow is adorable in her Halloween costume...and also adorable posing after her shot! Glad she was able to get one and glad you got your booster. I was fortunate and felt ok with both the first shots and just felt a little run down after the booster, but no aches or chills. Hope this week is an easy one for you - rest up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rainbow is the PERFECT Isabelle! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainbow is fabulous as Isabelle!!! And hooray for her vaccination and your booster!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best Halloween costumes are the ones that are homemade. Rainbow looks darling. The spinning looks fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever costume! You did a great job with the ears (and slapdash is BEST for Halloween costumes, btw). I'm so glad Rainbow was able to get her first vaccine - and that her reaction was fairly mild, all things considered. It must give you some peace of mind, certainly!

    ReplyDelete