Pages

Friday, November 12, 2021

A Wise Choice

Happy Friday, friends! Even though my alarm went off at the normal time and I woke up with a bit of a headache (which I'm blaming on the snoring in my bed that woke me up at 5 a.m.), I am feeling very cheerful this morning and very glad I decided to take today off as a mental health day. I must have been somewhat clairvoyant because I actually need it! Yesterday was a very long day, starting with my mammogram (which was normal -- thank you for all the good thoughts) and ending with a nearly two-hour-long synagogue board meeting. Having knitting in my hands and a glass of wine next to me made that meeting a bit less painful, but only just. It's been a long week, so having a bonus day off is a very good thing.

Thanks in large part to last night's meeting, I do have a finished object for the week -- the first of the charity headbands:


I like the squishiness of the fabric from the brioche, but it also took a while to knit because it's so compressed vertically, so I think for the second one I'm just going to do 1x1 rib on the edges and 2x2 rib in the middle.

Today Rainbow and I plan to do some shopping (Costco and Target) in the morning, and in the afternoon she is going to focus on getting her homework done and I'll take my walk. I also have about half of my weekly to-do list left to tackle, and it might just get done today. The weather forecast for the weekend is looking pretty terrible -- much colder, blustery, and even a chance of snow! -- so I'm going to enjoy not having to be planted in front of my computer while I can. I will likely still go out for my walks this weekend, but I expect I will hurry back to cover myself with wool and sip tea as soon as possible. I hope that means it will be a good crafting weekend with lots of project progress -- and I hope you have a great weekend with lots of crafting, too!

6 comments:

  1. Everyone needs a mental health day occasionally and I'm glad you timed yours so well! Two hours is a long time for a meeting at the end of the day and the end of a long week (even with wine and knitting). I hope your weekend provides lots of warmth, coziness, and project progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've taken a restorative "mental health day" today! May you find rest and ease all weekend long. (And we have a similar forecast for the next several days.) XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a good mammogram report. I need to get mine done (will get the prescription for that when I see my doctor just before Thanksgiving). There needs to be a law that meetings cannot go on for 2 hours...especially at the end of the day! Hoping your mental health today restores you and enjoy cozying up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have the day off! That headband is awesome and I’m glad it gave you something to do during your meeting yesterday! And yay for good mammogram results - phew! Enjoy your weekend, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening meetings are so hard! But at least you could knit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mental health days are so important. I'm glad you arranged one for yourself.

    ReplyDelete