Pages

Monday, November 22, 2021

You Call That a Weekend?

It's Monday morning again, much sooner than I would have liked. It was a very busy weekend here, busy enough yesterday that I did not get my walk in and broke my new streak of 10K+-step days already! To give you an idea of why, I'll leave it here that I spent a total of three hours on Zoom yesterday. One was with knitting/reading friends, but the other two were in an emergency board meeting. It's almost a relief to know today is a normal day and I'll have time to walk!

The upside of all that time on Zoom is that I was able to knit through it all, and I'm just about done with my brother's socks -- I just have to finish the toe on the second sock!

 
I also finished up Rainbow's hat on Friday night, so I will need to block it today while she's at school.


I'm very pleased with it and used up all but about 2 g of the yarn (my skein was 104 g to start), but I'm planning to stretch it out a bit when I block it so that she can have enough fabric to turn up the brim when it's doubled. I have tried it on (our heads are now the same size) and can fold up the brim, but folding it up enough for my taste makes it a bit too short. It's also not that tight on, so making it smaller in circumference by lengthening it is not a concern.

It's a short week for me because of Thanksgiving -- my office is closing at noon on Wednesday -- and Rainbow is only in school today and tomorrow, so I'm hoping that I will get back some of the weekend relaxation time I missed out on this weekend. I have grand knitting plans! I hope your weekend wasn't as crazy as mine and that you have a good week ahead of you. I'll be back on Wednesday as normal!

9 comments:

  1. I thought of you and that emergency meeting yesterday afternoon as I watched our little person play with trains and had a chance to do some knitting of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three hours spent on Zoom on a weekend makes it not a weekend! I guess the silver lining is that you finished Rainbow's hat and are almost done with those lovely socks. You deserve some weekend relaxation time this week, and I hope you find it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all that knitting!! So sorry about that 2 hour emergency zoom meeting… but I’m happy that you’ll have a short work week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it was a very fast weekend. Luckily, it's a short work week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! 3 hours on Zoom would probably do me in. But, you did manage to do some lovely knitting and I hope this short week is a pleasant one and that you have lots of weekending coming up! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoom is certainly good for your knitting! (and I trust the "emergency" meeting wasn't too concerning?!) Here's to a week where the not-so-fun stuff goes quickly, and the fun, family, food time lasts and lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn it anyway, a work meeting on the weekend is not very much fun. At least you could knit. The socks and hat look great. At some point I want to try that hat pattern. It's a little like the origami of the Baby Surprise Jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with Jane... I want to try that hat at some point in time! Your knitting is wonderful (a boon to Zoom meetings!)

    Walking these days means I am bundling up... that chill is invigorating though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing your time back to you this week, Sarah! Here's to getting in all the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete