Pages

Monday, June 05, 2023

Feeling Refreshed

Usually Monday mornings aren't cause for celebration (at least not in my opinion), but this morning I woke up to much cooler temperatures, and that break in the heat is very much welcome. We unfortunately did not get rain over the weekend -- it rained for a few minutes Saturday afternoon, but you could hardly tell because of the heat -- so it's still very dry out there, but at least it's not 90F or higher. Today is also Mo's last full day of school for the year, so my schedule is about to get a lot more relaxed!

We had some really amazing weather yesterday for the baseball game. We were pretty much in the very last row of the stadium -- but look at this view!

We even had a little overhang above us, and because we were facing east, the sun was pretty quickly behind us so we didn't get too warm. And the Pirates won! It's been many, many years since the Pirates were any good (I'm talking since the early '90s, when I was in elementary school), so it was pretty exciting to be there to actually watch the baseball.

Even though my Shoulder Season is small and light by sweater standards, it was still too big to take with me to work on during the game, so I was forced to cast on a new project:


I had a short skein of Fibernymph Dye Works Bounce in some very bright, happy colorways in my stash, so I decided to cast on a pair of ankle socks for my mother-in-law. Her birthday is this month, and she's also had some health issues recently, so I thought these colors would cheer her up. I'm using my SHaGS (Ravelry link) pattern, but I did a tubular cast-on a 1x1 ribbed cuff before going right into the heel.

I will spare you a photo of my Shoulder Season because it really looks just like it did on Friday, only a little longer. I've got about 15 rounds to knit before I get to the bottom hem, and I think that's very doable today, as long as work isn't too busy. If not, I have a two-hour professional development workshop tomorrow morning that should be perfect for getting some knitting done.

I hope your Monday is off to a good start. Just for the fun of it, here's my favorite part of any Pittsburgh Pirates game -- the Great Pittsburgh Pierogy Race n'at!



12 comments:

  1. What a great day you had for baseball and stadium knitting! I did have to look up the Pierogy Race and was delighted to learn that they all have names. I would cheer for Bacon Burt or Cheese Chester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect day for baseball! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun pair of socks to take with you to the game! I'm glad it wasn't too hot and you had a lot of fun :) Enjoy the cooler weather this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going to baseball games although with the Red Sox it's very hard to get tickets. Your day sounds like so much fun and those socks are bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright and cheery socks are always fun! hope your MIL is feeling better soon. Glad you enjoyed the game. I am not into sports at all, so going to a game is a bit of no fun for me. Gosh! I wish we could get some rain too. It is cooler, but so dry. Fletch cancelled our lawn mowing again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did anyone suggest that maybe you need to start going to games so the Pirates win some more?! What a fun fundraiser for Mo's school. Glad you got your mammo results sorted (last week) and grateful for the good report. I wonder why they offer those Saturday appointments without a doc on site to read the scans? seems like most women will be recalled, and that's just stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a perfect day at the ballpark. Hope your favorite pierogie won.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knitting at the ball park. How fun is that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ankle socks--how fun!! Now that's a sock knit I think I could get behind... (Attention Span for Two.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Pirates are having a stunning start to the season! (I know this because Steve has had to adjust work hours because more people have been going to games! lol) What a fun way to spend an afternoon... Pierogi Race and All!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful view from your seats. Hooray for a better Pirates Season. My husband is a KC Royals fan and they are not doing very well or so he tells me. The shortie socks look like a great way to lift your MIL's spirits. Bright cheerful colors.

    ReplyDelete