Pages

Friday, June 02, 2023

It's Friday -- Right?!

Has anyone else been really confused all week about what day it is? Having Monday off really threw me for a loop, as much as I enjoyed it. We even forgot to put out the trash -- a combination of uncertainty about what day it was and the fact that trash collection was pushed back a day because of the holiday -- so if you were in my neighborhood yesterday morning, you might have seen me running after the garbage truck with my trash can in my pajamas!

The start of meteorological summer has brought with it decidedly summer-like temperatures. We're supposed to hit 90 today, which is making me really happy that we recently replaced our AC units. We haven't had rain in quite a while, either, which means Mo and I have been doing a lot of watering in the afternoons to make sure our newly planted stuff doesn't die.

I've been fairly monogamous of late with my knitting and have been working diligently on my Shoulder Season. As a result, I'm a little more than halfway through the body.


I have now pretty much memorized the six-round pattern repeat and can tell where I am by looking, which has made things a lot faster. I did have a slight hiccup yesterday when, while investigating why my stitches were getting caught up when I was trying to move them along the needle, I discovered this:

Please excuse my messy cuticles!

I've had some less-expensive needles fail on me before, but never before have I had an Addi do this! Fortunately these needles come with a lifetime guarantee, and though the usual procedure is to return a pair of defective needles to the point of purchase, in my case that store is no longer in business, so I'll be sending this pair back to Skacel. (Here's information on their warranty, if it's helpful to you.)

This morning I'm headed back for another mammogram. I have to take back pretty much everything I said about going in on a Saturday, as it seems the speed of the appointment is the only good thing about it. I should have guessed I'd have to come back when the woman doing my scans was complaining that my ribs were getting in the way. The results were basically inconclusive (which I can only suppose means they just weren't good enough to read), so I have a do-over appointment today. The radiologist will actually read the scans while I wait this morning, and if I need additional images to be taken, they'll do them right away. That means I might end up waiting longer, but at least I'll have my results right away. And I'll take a book so I can at least get some reading done while I wait. [Edit: All was fine! Seems the issue that caused them to call me back was from folds of healthy tissue.]

The hot weather is sticking around this weekend, which should make for a warm day at PNC Park on Sunday, when we're going to a Pirates game as part of a fundraiser for Mo's school. I think it's been at least a decade since I've been to one, so while I imagine we'll be sweaty and stinky when we leave, it should be fun!

I hope you have a fun (and not too hot) weekend ahead!

12 comments:

  1. It was hot here yesterday and will be again today but then we're in for a big cool down and I'm not sad about it. I like to ease into the warmer weather, ya know? I hope all goes well with your mammo redo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh to a second mammogram! I did mine and a dexascan this week and it was draining. Hope it goes smoothly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the mammo.

    Have fun at the Pirates game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a gorgeous top! The colours a re gonna look great on you (the broken needle stinks, and I hope you will get a replacement)!!

    Good luck for the mammography - I'm sending you a big hug and hope that your pictures are crystal clear and with nothing to see! Thank you so much for going to the check-up, honestly, even if it might sound a little strange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes, I thought 80 was too hot here...you guys are seriously heating up!
    Good luck with the redo. I always get called back for ultrasounds due to dense tissue (it's mammo season, apparently--I go back on Monday!), I'd rather have them just do the ultrasound right outta the gates--instead of having to get squished first, unnecessarily! But that always falls on deaf ears. As I've come to say, I'm happy to come in and do more pictures--it's worth the clean bill of health! Here's to yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending good repeat mammogram thoughts. (Your ribs were in the way? That one has me a bit puzzled!) I hope you get your replacement needles soon and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to read that all was ok with your mammo re-do. It is nerve wracking, isn't it? "Folds of healthy tissue" - who knew? Just glad all is ok for another year. Your sweater is coming along so nicely and I think I like your version better (all one color yarn). sorry about the needle issue - hopefully you will get your replacement pronto. Hot here too, but tomorrow is forecast to be just in the mid-70's, and I will take that gratefully! Have a good weekend Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently had to have a mammogram re-done, and I'm, like you, confident it was because the first technician didn't do it properly. I've had decades of mammograms and I should have spoken up at the time. Instead, I ended up with a second appointment that I had to pay for. I have made next year's appointment for a different location and will speak up if I feel the technician isn't doing the job right. My fault and not my fault, IYKWIM! Glad your results were good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a little venting session with the tech who did my scans yesterday. I have been called back every single time I've gone in, so I don't understand why they don't just read the scans the first time, while I'm still there, and then do more if necessary. Seems like a waste of time and money to me to always have to go back for a second appointment!

      Delete
  9. Glad to hear the mammogram went well! And your sweater looks SO COOL! I can't wait to see how much progress you made it on it over the weekend :) I hope you were able to find some relief from the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went through a period of years where I had to go back for additional images (thank you, cysts) It is never easy to not worry... I am glad they got you back quickly and you could wait for the results.

    I am glad for these few days of slightly cooler weather... 90's in early June is just not right!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did not know that Addi needles had a lifetime warranty. So thank you for that link. I'm glad your mammogram results were good. It's a little nerve wracking to be called back in, even if in the back of your mind you are reasonably sure that it was a tech error.

    ReplyDelete