Pages

Monday, June 19, 2023

In Recovery Mode

Good morning and happy Juneteenth! Although I have the day off today for the holiday, I still got up at the usual time and am enjoying being able to leisurely drink my coffee.

Although at the time I requested Friday off, I didn't remember that I also had today off, it turned out to be a good time for an extra-long long weekend. We had an amazing time at the concert, but it was a very long day -- we didn't get home until after midnight, and I had gotten up to my normal alarm and gone for a run that morning, so I was pooped! Mo told me that it was the best day of her life and kept asking me during the concert if it was real or if she was dreaming, and she had a sore throat still yesterday from all the screaming she did.

You can see a bit of her outfit here -- she hot-glued a ton of faux gems to a black t-shirt in the style of Taylor's "Bejeweled" video outfit. As concert outfits go, hers was pretty sedate. There was a lot of glitter to be seen (I shudder at the thought of all the pollution from it), and plenty of women and girls who weren't wearing much at all. I went for comfort; my one nod to Taylor Swift was my t-shirt, which read "You Need to Calm Down." My favorite shirt was on the dad sitting in the row behind us, which read "I survived the Taylor Swift Ticketmaster 2K Challenge" and had the "There are 2,000+ people ahead of you" graphic from the Ticketmaster website.

For those of you who were wondering, yes, I did take knitting with me (though I only knit during the wait before the show and the opening acts):

I cast on a new pair of socks to take with me, as I didn't have anything on the needles that was small and easy enough for mobile knitting. These were intended to be fore my mother, though I'm not convinced that these are her colors and might change my plan:

Much of my weekend crafting time has been spent at my wheel (with occasional cat naps), and today I'm ready to ply these singles:


Mo and I are also planning to spend some time on our shawls today, and I'm hoping we can spend an hour or so doing that -- the more time she works on it, the sooner she'll get the hang of it. But for now she's still sleeping, and I'm letting her sleep as long as she needs to in the hopes that her internal clock will get back to normal.

(Side note: I didn't plan it at all, but did you notice that there are two colors that are prominent in all of the photos in this post?)

I hope your holiday Monday is a restful one!

11 comments:

  1. Ooo! All that Steeler Gold! :) I am glad you had such a great time at the concert! (and that you experienced it together might be the best of all!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a good time was had by all! I read a news story about a little girl that Taylor Swift presented her hat to, and she said the same things as Mo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that the stadium set an attendance record! Glad y'all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I am still amazed by how many people attended. I know she did two shows in Pittsburgh and she filled up Gillette stadium (where the patrios play) THREE nights. And one of my favorite singers, Luke Combs (please don't judge me too much), had to add a second night at Gillette and that's already sold out too. I think people are missing their concerts after covid!

    Love all the gold in the photos :) And the pinks on your needles and your bobbins are so pretty. I'm so glad you had yesterday off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you and Mo enjoyed the TS concert! People who attended at Gillette near me didn't get home until 3am, I can't even with that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you two had such a great time. Love that photo of you and your daughter. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that dad's shirt sounds amazing. Glad you and Mo had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these pictures! And your title... :) AND the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh--and please tell Mo well done on the bedazzling! It was the very first thing that caught my eye here ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad to hear Mo enjoyed the TS concert! What a VERY cool thing you guys did for/with her. (And like I mentioned earlier, she will remember this for the rest of her days!) XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love reading about you and Mo at the concert. How fun. You both have a memory to cherish. I applaud you for dressing for comfort - it's the best look. I did notice the colors in the photos - serendipity or synchronicity - is always fun.

    ReplyDelete