Pages

Friday, September 22, 2006

Happy Birthday to Ya, Happy Birthday!

Today I ask your help in wishing happy birthday to one of the most yarn-tolerant non-knitting people around, the man who puts up with my knitting projects all over the house and a stash that is slowly taking over the third floor, the man who listens to me prattle on and on about fiber and patterns and Addi Turbos and pretends to really care, even though I know he'd much rather get back to his computer. Today my darling fiance turns 30.

Happy birthday, J!

In honor of his big day, I've decided to pick up on a meme I've found in the blogosphere lately. I went to Wikipedia, entered his birthdate, and found four interesting things in history that happened on that day, four famous people who were born on the same day, and four interesting deaths for the day. Just 'cause. Here's what I've come up with (and I've tried to pick some interesting stuff, but it's the end of the week and I've worked 12 days in a row, so bear with me).

Interesting events that have occurred on September 22:
1. 1862: A preliminary version of the Emancipation Proclamation is released
2. 1896: Queen Victoria surpasses her grandfather, King George III, as the longest reigning monarch in British history
3. 1951: The first live sporting event seen coast-to-coast in the United States, a college football game between Duke and the University of Pittsburgh, is televised on NBC.
4. 1994: The hit U.S. sitcom Friends begins on NBC.

Famous people born on September 22:
1. Andrea Bocelli (1958)
2. Tai Babilonia (1959)
3. Scott Baio (1961)
4. Mike Richter (1968)

Famous people who died on September 22:
1. Pope Clement XIV (1774)
2. Irving Berlin (1989)
3. Dorothy Lamour (1996)
4. Isaac Stern (2001)

3 comments: