Pages

Monday, September 25, 2006

No good title for this post

To start off, J would like to say thank you to those of you who wished him a happy birthday. I think he had a good day, and certainly got quite a haul in the present department.

I did not get very much knitting done over the weekend, as we spent most of it at services or eating. The good news is that I'm well into the gussets of my mate to this sock, so I should have it complete by the end of the week. I'd like to start working on socks for holiday gifts (yes, I'm aware it's still September, but I have quite a few things to knit between now and the holidays, including Socret Pal socks).

As you can see from the sidebar, I've been quite the joiner lately. Since I'm always knitting a sock anyway, I thought I'd sign up for Socktoberfest (by the way, I'm very proud of myself for getting that button up and making it an active link all on my own!). I joined Zimmermania, although I haven't yet picked a project or even started reading my first EZ book. I'd like to knit J a sweater, but I think I have a lot of convincing him to do first.

Even if J finally gives in, it'd be a while before I can get to him. I don't know if I've mentioned that one of my coworkers has commissioned me to knit her a sweater. I'll be knitting Wendy's Marilyn's Not-So-Shrunken Cardigan, but I'll be lengthening both the body and the sleeves. Said coworker purchased the pattern and the yarn (Elsbeth Lavold Silky Tweed, in the same color Wendy used). Before I can start, I must finish a top for myself -- to which I've been alluding for a couple of posts now, but which you haven't yet seen -- to free up the needles.

Socret Pal assignments are due to go out tomorrow, so my questionnaire will soon be posted.

I'm off the scrub the pasta pot -- don't I live a glamorous life?

1 comment:

  1. I joined socktoberfest too! I always have socks on the needles, and I have about 3-4 pairs on the brain to get on the needles. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am feeling much better after the "clove" treatment but I don't think I will ever eat cloves again!

    ReplyDelete