Pages

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Itty Bitty!

I promised you something supercute; I hope these will not disappoint!

Pattern: Miriam's Infant to Toddler Socks (free pattern available here), infant size
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock (80% superwash wool, 20% nylon), colorway Cool, left over from these socks
Needles: US 0 dpns
Mods: none

These were a quick and satisfying knit (they probably only took a few hours altogether, but I did them in fits and starts in the past week). This morning I gave them to one of my managers at the store, who recently found out she's expecting. She loved them, even though she didn't even realize at first that they were hand knit. She was even more excited about them when that fact came out -- and the father-to-be is happy that they're blue, as he's hoping for a boy.

In other news, Sizzle was finished Thursday night (it fits!), but unfortunately it's still wet. Man, this cotton holds on to water! Once it's finally dry there will be a photo shoot and, of course, the full recap. I'm planning on using some of the leftovers to knit up a swatch to be tested in the washing machine. I really can't imagine waiting this long for the thing to dry after each time I wash it.

No comments:

Post a Comment