Pages

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Peek-a-boo

It appears that Sockret Pal has kicked off in full force. I've already heard from my Sockret Pal, who has informed me that s/he is the type to ask a lot of questions to be sure to send stuff that I'll love. Nothing's better than a thoughtful pal!

Tonight I am on my own. J is going out to dinner with a friend and doesn't expect to be home until late in the evening. Of course I always miss him when he's not here, but this is a perfect opportunity to make myself pasta with arrabiata sauce -- J won't eat it, as he doesn't like spicy food. So I will have a yummy dinner, a nice glass of wine, and I'll settle in with my knitting to see whether Meredith will choose McDreamy or The Vet (tough choice!).

Actually, I really don't have much in the way of knitting to do tonight. Remember how I alluded to an almost-finished object? Well I finished up the knitting last night, and now there's finishing to do. Here's a little peek for you:

As you can see, there's some crochet involved in the finishing -- which is fine, as I've been a "hooker" nearly as long as I've been a knitter, but it can be slow going with the tight stitches around bound-off edges. Once the crocheting is done, there are all the ends to weave in. I'm hoping to finish up by tonight, so I will hopefully be able to reveal the identity of this mystery project in the next day or two.

Happy knitting!

3 comments:

  1. hehe I'm a "hooker" too! I've actuallly been hooking much longer than knitting, but have found I like knitting better. It is nice to have hooking skills though for finishing on some projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:34 PM

    Hope you had a lovely evening! And are almost finished so that I can get more than a little "peek." I really need to learn how to crochet. There is so much more I could do.

    ReplyDelete