Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Same Old, Same Old

I'm afraid my knitting isn't very exciting these days. I'm still working on the same two handspun projects, my toe-up socks and my Hitofude. Both are seeing progress -- I'm halfway through the heel of the second sock and I've added another lace repeat to the sweater.

When you don't have stitch markers when you need them, you make do with what's on hand.

I wouldn't say that I'm getting bored with either of my two current projects, but I am getting the itch to cast on something new. That's an itch that will soon be scratched, as I'm preparing to cast on for a new design this weekend for Mad May (it's something I've been swatching for this week). I've got a skein of Tosh Merino Light in the stash that will soon become a new shawl.

Today I received a package in the mail that I'm hoping will help to speed up my handspun production -- a new-to-me WooLee Winder and three bobbins for my Lendrum.


I'd been thinking about getting a WW for my first wheel for a while now, as I really enjoy spinning on it but find the stopping to move the yarn guide a bit disruptive to my spinning flow. The WW will allow me to spin continuously and will be especially helpful when I'm trying to fit an entire batch of fiber on one bobbin. I acquired this through a detash on Ravelry that I happened to spot at just the right moment.

At this time next week, I'll be packing for Maryland Sheep and Wool, so that means that this weekend I should probably take a good look at my stash and figure out what I can allow myself to buy at the festival. So far the only thing on my list is some honey to bring home to the family. Other than that, I expect that I'll just be doing a lot of browsing and perhaps making an impulse purchase or two. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates for a pleasant weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment