Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

All About Feet

It's been a crazy week. Work has been really busy, both because it's a busy time of year and because I'm preparing to be off most of next week and have been trying to wrap up some big projects. On top of that, I've been getting stuff ready for next week, when we're taking Rainbow on her first trip to Disney World. We haven't told her yet (we're waiting to tell her to make it as big a surprise as possible), so all the planning ahead that I've needed to do has had to be done after I get her to sleep.

In any case, all of this has meant limited knitting time and absolutely no spinning time since this weekend. I've done a little bit more on the lace you saw in my last post, but the only real knitting I've gotten done has been during my lunch breaks at work. I finished my STR socks:


These aren't anything terribly exciting -- just a knit/purl pattern. I wanted something a little different from a plain stockinette sock, and I thought the texture would help to break up the pooling a bit.

Almost as soon as these were done, I cast on for the next pair. These are in the four-ply handspun from my first Fat Cat Knits fiber club shipment. I'm sticking with a ribbed cuff and a plain stockinette sock for these, though I'm going to try something a little different for the heel and gusset.


As always, knitting with handspun is a real treat. I'm actually a little surprised at how thin the yarn is (though it's probably not as thin as I think and it may just be a trick of the eye after working with STR, which is on the thick side of sock yarn). So far, the color hasn't changed all that much, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the color changes in the four plies translate into knit fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Love how you're moving from one end of the colour wheel to the other! That 4 ply should hold up really well.

    ReplyDelete