Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Poetry for Sleeve Island

Thanks to Kat, I now know that today is Poem in Your Pocket Day. So I'd like to share with you one of my favorite poems by my favorite poet.

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
by Robert Frost

Whose woods these are I think I know.   
His house is in the village though;   
He will not see me stopping here   
To watch his woods fill up with snow.   

My little horse must think it queer   
To stop without a farmhouse near   
Between the woods and frozen lake   
The darkest evening of the year.   

He gives his harness bells a shake   
To ask if there is some mistake.   
The only other sound’s the sweep   
Of easy wind and downy flake.   

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.

This seems like an appropriate poem and sentiment for my current main project, my Humulus sweater. I'm a bit more than halfway done with the first sleeve, which means there's no much left to do in the grand scheme of things but still a fair bit of knitting.

That thing dangling off the sleeve is a stitch marker/progress keeper, in case you were wondering.

I will work on this some more tonight and hopefully get close to the end of the first sleeve. I'm taking the afternoon off from work tomorrow, so that means several bonus hours of knitting time. I'm really hoping to finish this before the weekend is over!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! And yes! The perfect poem for your sweater! Thank you for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete