Sunday, November 11, 2018

A Wee Preview

I am now about two and a half days post-gum surgery, and I was feeling well enough to get out of the house today! I'm still a bit sore and swollen, but that will improve as the week goes on. My energy was closer to normal today, so things are definitely improving.

For most of the past three days, I was just laying low and resting at home. The last time I had this procedure, I pretty much lost the entire day of the surgery to holding ice on my face. This time around, I knew I had to find a way to use the time to be productive. If you follow me on Instagram, then you will have already seen that I found a way to keep the ice on my face and keep my hands free. This meant that I was able to get a lot of knitting done during the day, and by the time evening rolled around, I was feeling well enough to sit at my wheel for a bit. Between that time and a bit the following morning, I finished up the third bobbin of singles for my combo spin:

Today, while Rainbow was at Sunday School and the Mister was on a run, I started plying. I didn't get very far, but at least I got a little bit of a preview of the finished yarn.

This shot is a bit deceptive, because there were a couple of color changes before this point. I've found that thus far two of the three plies have more or less matched for a while or all three plies are sort of vaguely the same shade. It does look like I should have a fair amount of striping in the finished yarn, which should make for a fun knit! I'm going to try to put in time on this skein during the week so that, with any luck, I can have it finished up by next weekend. I'm plying on my miniSpinner, and I have to say that my body is enjoying the additional rest it's giving me.


  1. Way to be productive and a responsible patient!

  2. Oh, beautiful spinning Sarah! I did a wee bit of spinning this weekend too and am close to being able to ply my first hank up!

    My son had gum surgery when we were in Michigan and he was feeling "mighty puny" for most of the week post-procedure. Of course, he did not listen to me or the doctor about that ice thing... which might have been the reason.