Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2018

I'm Having Too Much Fun

You might think that knitting a fingering-weight sweater on size 2 needles would be a slog. It might get to that point, but for now, it's a delight. I can't seem to put it down.


I'd estimate I'm about halfway through the colorwork yoke of my Floozy cardigan, and if I keep up this pace, I'll be on to the boring part (the single-color stockinette body) before I know it. It might just turn into a slog then, but for now I'm focusing on how much I'm enjoying it. Surprisingly, I'm not even minding the small needle size. For one thing, they feel big to me because I'm used to knitting socks on size 0 needles. But the yarn is also quite robust for something classified as fingering; I think it's really closer to a sport weight, so the fabric feels pretty substantial and, I think, will even bloom a bit with blocking. It's definitely a rustic, woolly yarn, and I can definitely see myself knitting with it more in the future for other colorwork things. It would be excellent for steeking!

The other sweater WIP is pretty much the antithesis of my sweater -- plain old stockinette. Still, it's going well.

It's getting too big for my desk!

I started the armhole shaping yesterday, so now I just need to get to about 10 inches in length above that point before I do the shoulder shaping and finish off the back piece. I've just joined in the fourth ball of yarn, making me very glad that I ordered extra skeins!

3 comments:

  1. I hope to get to your skill level someday, I'm still struggling with socks because I take too long between projects to gain momentum, keep it up! I'm watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There no such thing as having too much fun knitting! Love that cardigan and I'm glad you ordered extra yarn for your husband's sweater. Playing yarn chicken is not a game I enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just occurred to me that you are knitting your floozy flat! Wow... stranded color work back and forth is not my favorite thing.

    I am also looking at that Neighborly Cardigan and wondering if I can knit it in one piece until the arm shaping...

    ReplyDelete