Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Three Sweaters

I've been having a really hard time keeping track of what day it is this week, so I'm very thankful for the Three on Thursday posts for the reminder today! I'm linking up with Carole and friends with three sweaters I'd like to make this year (note that all the links below go to Ravelry pattern pages).

1. Ramona Cardigan by Elizabeth Smith
I did a combo spin a couple of years ago and am hoping to use that yarn for this sweater, though whether I have enough yardage for it is debatable. The sweater is at least knit top down, so I will likely knit to the split for the body and sleeves, make sure the sleeves are long enough, and then see how long I can make the body. It might end up being a cropped cardigan, which would be okay.











2. Threipmuir by Ysolda Teague
This one I definitely have enough yarn for. I'll be knitting it in Fibernymph Dye Works Ridgetop Fingering, a non-superwash blend of Romney and Falkland, using Peacock (blue) for the main color and Lime (green) and Wisp (silvery gray) for the colorwork.










3. Kerrytown by Annie Lupton
I have some deep stash (as in bought before Rainbow was born) Rowan RYC Cashsoft DK in a deep teal set aside for this sweater. I originally bought it for a different pattern, but I didn't end up using it before I got pregnant and my body totally changed, and that pattern no longer appeals to me. I have more than enough yarn for the size I'll be making, so I plan to make the sleeves full length.

I've got sweaters on the brain today because I'm about to head out for my walk, and the current feels-like temp with windchill is about 8 degrees F. I'll be wearing all the wool today!

Check back here tomorrow for my marled hat recipe!

11 comments:

  1. What a fantastic sweater list for this year! Were you wearing a Ramona cardigan in your photo from the Mister Rogers visit a year or two ago? Stay warm + cozy today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my Floozy cardigan, a fingering weight -- similar shape but a very different project experience!

      Delete
  2. I love that Ramona sweater! And the color work will be lovely. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selections, Sarah! and a nice mix of fun-to-knit with colorwork and cables, and practical. Ramona looks like the perfect wardrobe staple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is colder than imaginable outside today... walks with Sherman have been positively brutal with all the woolens on! I like these sweaters! (especially #1... that is one that missed my radar completely!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three sweaters are beautiful. I look forward to seeing what you choose to cast on. Wool on winter walks is a good thing. Bundle up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much to look forward to! A cropped cardigan would be super cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great picks!! I can't wait to see your versions come to life. The colors you mention sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sweaters, Sarah! I love each of them - and will look forward to seeing them come together. I knit Ramona Light (the sport-weight version), and it is one of my favorite and most-worn cardigans. Stay warm! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh, I'm looking forward to seeing these coming to life! Especially the first two. This is going to be a superb knitting year for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just opened all 3 in my Rav. Great choices! I don't always have the same taste (because I'm a very different shape than you), but all of these would be great! I'm especially eyeing a cropped Ramona as I've been wearing a LOT of knit jumpsuits and need some cropped layers.

    ReplyDelete