Pages

Monday, June 20, 2022

Little Knitting but Lots of Love

Happy Monday, friends! It's a Monday off for me, as my office is closed in observance of Juneteeth. Later this morning Rainbow has an orthodontist appointment to get her first contraption removed, but the rest of the day is completely unscheduled -- and I'm planning to fully enjoy that, because I'm expecting a big work project to land in my inbox first thing tomorrow.

As I mentioned on Friday, we had a weekend of birthday celebrations and time spent with family visiting from out of town. We also got lucky with some absolutely spectacular weather, as the humidity dropped and highs were only in the low to mid-70s. Think blue skies, light winds, and plenty of sun. We had good meals and great company, and it was wonderful to see some family members we hadn't seen in person since my brother's wedding in December 2019.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, all that family time meant not a whole lot of crafting, but I did manage to finish up that second scrappy hat I started last week.


I used three colorways throughout this hat and played a bit of yarn chicken toward the end, but I had enough to finish. This was intended to be another charity hat, but a certain someone in this house decided she loved it and asked if she could have it -- and how could I say no? I'm sure there are more of these hats in my future, as they're a great way to use up some leftovers and add to my Stash Dash total (currently at a bit more than 3,200 m).

My brother's birthday is now officially less than a month away, so it's really time to focus on getting his sweater done. I am currently working on the pocket of the left front, and I'm planning to spend some time on it this afternoon. I also have a short workweek ahead, as I'm using up my second personal day for the year on Friday. If you catch me getting distracted by more scrappy hats, remind me that I need to finish the sweater!

8 comments:

  1. That's a great hat, the colors play really well together. Enjoy your bonus day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great hat, Sarah. (I can see why Someone would want it. . . ) Enjoy your day(s) off this week. And I have every confidence you'll finish your brother's sweater in plenty of time for his birthday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hat, Sarah! (and I can totally understand Someone claiming it!) Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather was spectacular this past weekend, and such a gift in the middle of June! you are smart to have an unscheduled day today and I hope you get a lot done on your brother's sweater with your short week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am 100% with that Certain Someone! (And sounds like it was a lovely weekend. So glad to hear it.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT HAT!! I just love it! We had a glorious weather weekend, too, so welcome after all the heat & humidity (which is back - ugh). The best part is the people, though, especially those you haven't seen in a while. I am with you there 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that hat - I'm glad Rainbow will get to keep it :) So happy to hear you had beautiful weather for all of your weekend celebrations. Enjoy your short week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet hat. I'm glad your daughter claimed it for her own.

    ReplyDelete