Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2022

What to Spin Next?

Since I finished my most recent skein of handspun, I've been pondering what should go on the wheel next. I do know that it will be something out of the Southern Cross Fibre club backlog bag, and I was thinking it would make sense to spin up something to go with the most recent skein so that I have enough yardage to make something. I thought I had another colorway that looked similar, but when I pulled it out, it wasn't as I remembered. It might still work, but it also might be awful. For the sake of matching the yarn, I want something that is a wool blended with something shiny, and I came up with two wool/silk options:


On the left is Mending Fences from November 2018. I remembered it being more blue and yellow/gold and less brown and green. On the right is Forest Gathering from May 2019. I will likely end up spinning both, but of the two, which do you think is a better match for the existing skein? (Of course, I ask this knowing full well that often the finished yarn ends up looking much different from the fiber, so I may not be able to know which is the winner until I spin them both and compare the skeins.)

5 comments:

  1. I vote for the fiber on the right (but only because I like blue and greens best)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Bonny, I vote for the one on the right, but both fibers have similar colors in them to the skein you already spun. Maybe both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another vote for the one on the right. (But I can't wait to see both, so I'm no help. . . )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make that 4 votes for the one on the right (although, I think that the gold/brown/white fiber could be incredibly interesting spun up!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also vote for the one on the right. But I have no idea how these things work! My eyes just blended those two together more easily.

    All of the fiber is gorgeous, though!

    ReplyDelete