Pages

Monday, June 13, 2022

Long Weekending

Happy Monday, friends! I firmly believe that we should all have regular long weekends because they can be so restorative -- and as it happens, I have two more of them coming up!

Friday ended up being a little more relaxed than anticipated because we had a somewhat lazy morning, but that was fine by me. We got our much-needed haircuts, and I took my socks-in-progress along. I was a day early for Worldwide Knit in Public Day, but I knit in public all the time!


Those socks actually ended up being the project that got the most attention this weekend, even though I probably should have worked on other things. But we were out and about a fair amount, and they were the most portable. I'm just about finished with the heel decreases on sock number 2, so I'm guessing I'll have a finished pair by the end of the week.

Speaking of finishing, I finished the right front of my brother's cardigan last night. There was a lot to keep track of with this piece -- the cable stitch pattern, plus shaping, plus number of rows worked -- so it's been something I've really only been working on in the evening for an hour or so at a time. I think that the other front will be a little faster now that I've knit it once (even with all the shaping reversed), and I think I may end up knitting both sleeves at the same time, which will be a little tedious but will ensure they are identical.


I'll leave you with a picture I snapped of one of our hydrangea bushes yesterday. The flowers have absolutely exploded in the last week, and I love that we're getting a range of shades even across the same plant. These are my favorite flowers in my garden, and when they bloom, I know it's summer!

9 comments:

  1. Long weekends are wonderful, and I'm glad you've got more in store! My hydrangeas aren't blooming yet but hopefully soon. Your blossoms look really abundant and quite beautiful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo on that finished sweater front! But your hydrangea... wow! That is just incredible, Sarah! Here is to a week that goes quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making good progress on your brother's sweater, especially considering you aren't working on it for a long time every day. Those hydrangeas are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both blue and pink hydrangea blooms on the same plant -- wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the 4-day work week is going to be A Thing soon! and what a gorgeous hydrangea - I never get how pink and blue can grow side by side like that ... does it always bloom in two colors?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh! that hydrangea plant is a treasure trove of colors! lucky you...ours is tried + true to just one shade. (white.) and I swoon each time I see those sock colors. love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Socks are just perfect for a few stitches here and there! Yay for haircuts and MORE 4 day weekends! (My husband just had a 4 day weekend and it was lovely.)

    Thank you for sharing your hydrangeas! So beautiful! Ours has lots of green leaves but no buds yet. I check every day! Enjoy yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a lovely weekend, Sarah. And those hydrangeas! Just gorgeous!!! They truly are a trusted sign of summer. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous flowers and a gorgeous sock. I just love the yarn for Rainbow's socks - so summery and cheerful. Yay for one front finished...hoping the 2nd goes quickly for you. As you can imagine, I would LOVE a long weekend! I'll get one in a couple of weeks thanks to July 4th.

    ReplyDelete