Pages

Friday, July 15, 2022

Already Planning the Next

I wish I could say that I was ready to start the weekend with two finished sleeves for my brother's sweater, but I'm still a way off from that; I've got a couple of inches still to go before I start the cap shaping. Work has been busier this week, and last night I had a board meeting (at which I had to start my official duties as secretary and take notes), so little knitting has happened since my last post. But I am already planning my next sweater project, which will be for me and will use some yarn that arrived earlier this week.


I've long admired that summery tops that Mary seems to churn out, and I really liked the tank she recently test knit, so I decided to make a couple for myself. I did not have much summer-appropriate yarn in my stash already (pretty much all the cotton is dishcloth cotton), so I broke down and made a Knit Picks order. And it went on a little adventure to get to me. The Knit Picks warehouse is very close to me in Ohio, so usually my orders get to me pretty quickly. I was checking the tracking, as I usually do, and saw that my order had arrived at my local post office (about a mile from my house) on Sunday evening. Great -- I figured it would be delivered on Monday. But I guess my yarn wanted to do a little sightseeing first. It got sent out to an eastern suburb of Pittsburgh on Monday, then to a regional distribution center, before it came back to the local PO and was finally delivered on Wednesday. Even at that point, the tracking said it was "delivered to local agent for delivery"; don't ask me what that means. I suppose it doesn't matter that it took longer to arrive, because it's not like I'm ready to cast on now anyway, but it certainly does demonstrate the USPS's inefficiency!

The green yarn is Cotlin, which I'm planning to use to make myself a Twofer Tank (Ravelry link). It's what I'm planning to cast on as soon as my brother's sweater is finished. The red is Lindy Chain that I'm going to use for an Anther. I probably can't finish that one in time to wear it this summer, but it's certainly something I could take to Florida.

This afternoon I'm scheduled to donate blood -- cross your fingers that my hemoglobin is high enough today!

I hope you have the best weekend possible!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely yarns for those projects, Sarah! I really like Anther... hmmm. Thank you for inspiring me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed knitting my Antler cardigan, so I'm now wondering about summer sweaters. Anther is lovely so that may go on my list. You'll surely be motivated to finish your brother's sweater with the added motivation of two new ones for you to cast on! Here's to high enough hemoglobin and a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely incentive get those sleeves finished, Sarah! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your well traveled yarn will make nice summer tops. I enjoy CotLin yarn but have never knit with Lindy Chain. I will be interested to read your thoughts about the yarn.

    ReplyDelete