Pages

Friday, July 01, 2022

Time for Some Good News

We've made it to Friday, friends, and it's also a Friday before a long holiday weekend here. My office is closing at 2, so I'll be able to get an early start on it. And I'm very thankful for that, because it's been a very stressful week. I thought I'd finish off the week by sharing a few good things, because I think we all can use all the good news we can get.

First, I want to thank you all for your good wishes for the Mister. He is feeling pretty much back to normal (save not fully having his sense of taste back) and worked -- from home, obviously -- a full day yesterday. I'm going to insist that he continue to isolate through Sunday, and I'll likely continue to sleep in the guest/stash room until he's 10 days past his positive test, but I'm feeling much less anxious about his health.

Next, I finished my sock -- and I love it!


I'm going to try to knit the mate sometime this month, but for now I'm focusing on finishing my brother's sweater. His birthday is on the 19th, and I want to get it done by then.

In good news from the garden, after lackluster results the past several years, I decided to move our tomato plants to the front yard, where we get sun all morning. That turned out to be a really good move -- look at this:


The last time I counted, we had 13 or 14 tomatoes growing on our two plants, and we have a lot of flowers as well. It may be a while yet before we can harvest any, but my mouth is already watering thinking of a juicy tomato warm from the sun.

Finally, today is the official kickoff for the Tour de Fleece! I moved my wheel into the den a couple of days ago (it was still in our bedroom), and I'll be endeavoring to spend some time spinning every day of the Tour this year.

I hope that you have a restful, relaxing weekend and that you're able to find some good news in your life!

5 comments:

  1. Ooo! Those tomatoes! (and that sock is really spectacular!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to read so much good news! I'm glad your husband is feeling better and I hope that continues. Your sock is gorgeous and all those tomatoes will taste great in just a few weeks! Thanks for sharing your good news and happy spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sock! Those tomatoes! My goodness -- those are worth celebrating! And so glad that The Mister continues to feel better. I'm going to enjoy following your progress on the Tour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the Tour de France on tv today and wondered if you were spinning. Hope you mister continues to heal. It took my daughter 12 days to test positive - long haul

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sock. Hooray for such beautiful tomatoes. Sun does wonders for them. I can taste summer sun in a fresh garden tomato. I'm glad you husband is feeling better. I look forward to seeing your Tour spinning.

    ReplyDelete