Pages

Friday, July 29, 2022

How I Spent My Summer Stay-cation

Isn't it always the case that time goes by faster than normal when you're on vacation? I feel like this week has flown by, but it's been a really good one with a lot of quality time with my kiddo. It hasn't been a complete vacation because I still had to do things like cook meals and stay on top of the laundry, but I haven't checked my work email since last Friday afternoon and have been focused on prioritizing pleasure over obligation. So here's a snapshot of what I've done this past week.

I've finished reading four books.

I knit a baby sweater (still unblocked):

Entrechat by Lisa Chemery

Rainbow and I did some sewing (to be finished this weekend):

Pepin Tote from Noodlehead Sewing Patterns


and some baking (not shown are zucchini bread and homemade pizza dough from earlier in the week:

Fresh raisin challah

All that and I still have two more days off! Be sure to check back on Monday for a long-awaited FO post. Happy weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Wow - what a week!! I love that baby sweater and your new bags. I'm so glad you were able to fill your week with so much fun stuff. And the baking!! Can't wait to see your FO pictures on Monday :)

    Enjoy the last two days of your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been productive! And your challah looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A productive and creative week so far! (That challah looks delicious!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bread looks delicious. And, home-made pizza dough can't be beat. But that baby sweater? Cutest EVER. And time to sew matching bags with Rainbow. Sounds like a stellar vacation week (and I'm curious about what 4 books you finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prioritizing pleasure over obligation is the perfect way to spend your vacation ... and you've accomplished so many different things, too! You must be a very good teacher - knitting, crocheting, sewing, AND baking ... Rainbow is quite skilled, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a glorious week of making, Sarah! That bread... my goodness, it looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wise guiding words: 'prioritizing pleasure over obligation.' Because, as adults, I find that even on vacation, there's usually still *some* obligation. (Especially if you're a parent 'vacationing' with kids!) But the shift in distribution--therein lies the pleasure. Yes.
    And your week looks like it was absolutely delightful!

    ReplyDelete