Pages

Monday, July 18, 2022

Now That Was a Weekend

Good morning, friends! Even though I am sucking down my coffee this morning, I am feeling rested and refreshed from a weekend that was finally quiet and relaxing. Partly that's due to the fact that yesterday was a rainy day, forcing me to be inside. But we also weren't overscheduled or really scheduled much at all, and that meant plenty of time to knit, spin, and read.

First, I have to thank you for any good thoughts you may have sent my way on Friday regarding my blood donation. I was a bit worried when they tested my hemoglobin and it was too low, but they tested again and I was more than fine. I completed my donation in about seven minutes!

I would have liked to have started off the week with finished sweater sleeves, but I'm not quite there yet. I am close, though! I'm about halfway through the sleeve cap shaping and am hopeful that I can finish up today or tomorrow. Decreases are worked at both ends of every right-side row at this point, so the rows are quickly getting shorter.

How do you like our new duvet cover?


On today's to-do list is to block the fronts and back so that as soon as the sleeves are done, I can seam the shoulders and get started on the collar and button bands. My brother's birthday is tomorrow, but realistically we likely won't see him until the weekend, so this present might still be considered on time!

I did a fair amount of spinning yesterday while reading a library book. I decided that rather than spinning up all 13 oz. of my HipStrings mini batts, I'm going to spin a few skeins using a selection of them in each, and the first one is well underway. This one uses the more neutral batts, three shades of them in a gradient-ish progression, and I'm almost done with the second bobbin. The Tour de Fleece runs through Sunday, so I'm hoping to have at least one more skein complete before it ends.


Finally, some good news from the garden -- looks like we'll have some ripe tomatoes to eat soon!


There was another one starting to change color, too, but the one that's slightly red here was the very first fruit to start growing, so I'm not surprised it's the first one that we'll probably get to eat. I should note that this photo was taken on Saturday, before all the rain, so it's entirely possible that there are more that are changing color today.

How was your weekend?

6 comments:

  1. The sleeves look great and I bet you'll be finished by this weekend! That is also lovely spinning and I always marvel at how you multitask while reading. (Not me; I have to resort to audiobooks.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am nodding in agreement with Bonny! I think you have a very, very good chance of a finished sweater by the weekend!

    I likewise am in awe of your reading/doing something else at the same time. I am in the Audio/do something else camp... I cannot physically read and do anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We picked our first cucumbers this weekend. We have loads of green tomatoes but they aren't turning color at all just yet. GO YOU on the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a feeling you'll be finished by the weekend, Sarah. (Which doesn't surprise me, actually. You're a marvel.) I have never been able to manage reading-with-my-eyes AND doing anything else. I do like to listen-while-doing-something, though. Here's to plenty of red, juicy garden tomatoes for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're totally going to finish that sweater in time. Of course you are! And my iron level has been too low to give blood for such a long time. Nothing I eat seems to help it! And it's too bad because I was on such a roll for several years there. I'm glad you were able to complete your donation!

    Those tomatoes look great! I'm a big fan of tomato sandwiches and am just imagining those sliced up... I can't wait for fresh tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tomatoes look great. What good progress on those sleeves. Knitting a man's sweater is not for the faint hearted. We were in the car all day Saturday and spent Sunday on re-entry chores. It's nice to be home.

    ReplyDelete