Pages

Monday, October 10, 2022

A Full Weekend

Happy Monday, friends! It's a strange start to the week here because Rainbow is home today (it's a teacher in-service day), so it feels a little more relaxed because although I had to get up at the normal time for work, I didn't have to drag her out of bed or rush her to eat breakfast or get dressed. It'll be nice to have her around today, though, especially as she's likely to spend a large portion of the day crocheting in the same room where I'm working.

We had a fun weekend and spent a lot of quality time together. We really enjoyed seeing Frozen on Saturday (being in a huge crowd, not so much) despite hitting some major traffic and having some problems finding a place to park on the way there -- we literally got to our seats at 1:59 p.m. for a 2 p.m. show! I took both of my smaller projects because Friday ended up being busier than anticipated and I was still in the middle of my sock heel, so I figured I could work on that during intermission and pull out the baby hat for knitting in the dark. I very nearly sabotaged myself when I dropped five or six stitches right after the lights went out, but amazingly I got them back on the needle! Here's where both projects stand right now:


As Rainbow pointed out, the hat looks a little ... questionable right now, but that tube at the top gets tied into a knot and becomes adorable. The heel is ready to be turned on the sock, but I paused there yesterday so I could take some notes for the pattern; I know exactly what to do for my size, but I want to be sure I get all the numbers and directions correct for the other sizes as well. I expect that with only two inches left to knit on the top of the hat, it will be finished up today, likely during my team meeting later this morning, so I will then be able to turn all my attention to the sock. It would be great to get this first one finished up this week so I can get a draft of the pattern written up and off to my tech editor!

I hope your week is off to a good start!

10 comments:

  1. The hat is adorable, Sarah. Or . . . will be . . . once you tie the knot! :-) I love all the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such colorful knitting, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your weekend was so enjoyable (and thanks for letting me know what that tube at the top of the hat is for)! Your work day sounds like it will be a bit more enjoyable with Rainbow around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are very cute! Love all the happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cheerful and happy projects! That little hat will be adorable (and I guessed that the tube would be tied into a knot!) and will look so cute with the sweater. Fun baby gifts! It's now the afternoon, but I'm sure you've enjoyed having Rainbow around today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright cheerful colors in both projects. Good to know that the tube on the hat gets tied into a knot. I hope you and Rainbow had a pleasant day. The Instagram photo of the two of you at the show was darling. She surely looks like her Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you both enjoyed Frozen - that sounds like so much fun.

    Your projects are so pretty! That hat looks awesome and I'm anxious for your new sock pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stripey yarn is just always so much fun! That hat will be adorable when finished!

    I am glad that you did enjoy Frozen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially like the sock. It must be such fun to knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy knitting with self-striping sock yarn, but this colorway is especially enjoyable!

      Delete