Pages

Friday, October 28, 2022

Winding Down

Even though it hasn't been a particularly busy week, at least as far as work is concerned, it feels like it's been a long one, so I was happy to wake up this morning and remember that it's Friday. I'm ready for a more normal weekend -- last weekend wasn't too busy, but being away from the house kind of upset my normal routine. This weekend we have a Halloween party at my brother and sister-in-law's tomorrow evening and then plans to have dinner with some friends on Sunday.

High on my list of things I want to work on this weekend is the mini skein cowl, which is almost halfway done:

I'm on color three of five and have finalized the colorwork pattern, so it's just a matter of sitting down and knitting. This has been something I've really only worked on while watching TV (I can't really read and do colorwork), and as I have been reading a lot this week, it hasn't gotten a ton of attention.

Also on tap for this weekend is finalizing my new sock pattern! I heard back from my tech editor yesterday and made the necessary corrections and clarifications, so now I just need to take some final photos and do all the admin work to get it ready to be published. Look for that on Monday (I really wanted to get out a sock pattern in October/Socktober, so that's my last chance).

I'll leave you with a shot of one of the houses in the neighborhood that I pass every day on my exercise route. The people who live in this house have been adding to their skeletons every year, and this display is a bit less elaborate than I've seen in past years, but they've been doing some sort of construction project this year, so I'll give them a pass. I'd encourage you to click on the photo to embiggen it so you can all the skellys in a bit more detail.


I hope you have a wonderful final weekend of October, and I'll see you back here on Monday with my One Little Word reflection.

4 comments:

  1. Your mini skein hat is beautiful. Those colors play so nicely together.

    Have a wonderful last weekend of October. (I can't believe it flew past so quickly.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cowl is lovely and it will feel very nice when it gets a little colder. I'm glad to see that those skeletons are supporting Shapiro! Have a wonderful weekend, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors in that cowl are just gorgeous! And the house is really cool looking. Have fun at the Halloween party, take lots of photos to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cowl is beautiful. The color progression is working out well. I hope you are enjoying the weekend and that the Halloween party and dinner are fun.

    ReplyDelete