Pages

Monday, May 29, 2023

A Monday Pause

I always enjoy having a Monday off. It was a real treat to be able to sleep in this morning (though it's the time of year when the bedroom is so bright that it's hard to sleep too late). Though we didn't have much planned for the weekend, it ended up being busy with errands, chores, and the usual stuff that gets put off during the week, so I'm looking forward to having nothing to do today.

I have sadly done very little knitting this weekend, but I did manage to get my Shoulder Season joined up under the arms and am now working in the round on the body. I still have to pay attention because the patterning changes every round, but at least now there is no more flipping back and forth. I plan to weave in the remaining ends before I plow ahead, just so there's less to do at the end.

Also on tap for today is plying some handspun. I finished up the first bobbin of singles on Friday and spun all of the second last night:


Before any of that, though, I have a run on tap this morning, and I might actually have to do a little work (we've got a really tight deadline and I don't want to be totally stressed out tomorrow, so if I can get some done today when there are no distractions of meetings and emails, it will do a lot for my sanity). We had our families over for a cookout yesterday, and we have tons of food leftover, so I don't have to worry about cooking tonight.

If you're off today as well, I hope it's a relaxing day for you. I will be back tomorrow with my One Little Word reflection for May -- a month that has truly gotten away from me!

4 comments:

  1. Your sweater is starting to look like a sweater! I'm always thrilled when I've got good leftovers so I hope you get a jump on work and also get to enjoy some plying time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweater is looking like a sweater! We are having leftovers today as well... and it makes me happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater looks like a great summer knit. The color is so refreshing. Your day off sounds wonderful. I hope it went as planned. Let's hear it for leftovers and no evening meal prep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is SO nice to have a slower Monday but I have been off-kilter all week! And now the weekend is just around the corner and I'm very excited about it. Once again - I am writing to you from the future so I know how beautiful that yarn turns out. But I still loving admiring the process!

    ReplyDelete