Pages

Monday, May 15, 2023

Weekending Done Right

As usual, Monday morning has come much too soon, but it comes after a really relaxing and enjoyable weekend. Saturday was pretty gloomy, with rain on and off most of the day. I still got out for my walk, but it wasn't a great day for being outside. Rainbow and I did go and get a much-needed haircut (our last visit to the salon was six months ago) -- here's a before and after:

We both got several inches chopped off ahead of summer, and we're both thoroughly enjoying the lighter feel. Also, Rainbow said that she's ready to stop being known by her nickname, so everyone, meet Mo! That's actually her nickname, but it's how she's decided to be known online, so that's what I'll be calling her on the blog from now on.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day here. I was up early to go for my walk first thing and then we went to brunch at my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house. I know you all know how much Mo and I look alike, but you may not realize that it's a three-generation resemblance:

In the afternoon, the Mister and I went to Home Depot to pick up a few things for the garden:

We'll be picking up some flowers and herbs that I ordered through our synagogue's annual plant sale next Sunday, but in the meantime I wanted a few things to fill in the shady side of our front yard (the hostas), a lavender plant to replace one that our landscapers killed, some tomato plants, and some potting mix. Our new planter is all ready for the seedlings I've got going inside:

The tomato plants are in, but eventually I hope to have peppers, radishes, and zucchini in here as well.

I did some crafting over the weekend as well. I knit up another baby hat for the Mister to give to a coworker using some scraps, which I just realized he forgot to take in this morning, and I spun up a bobbin of singles for a fractal spin using the oldest Southern Cross Fibre in my stash:


I am hoping for a mostly calm week at work because Wednesday is going to be a very long day -- I'm scheduled to donate blood, have two work meetings (one in person), and have a thing at synagogue that evening. Hope your Monday is off to a decent start!

9 comments:

  1. It does sound like a lovely weekend, and it's lovely to see the photos of you and Mo! I'm sending good growing wishes for the plants you have in and those you'll be planting. That is an adorable hat and I'll look forward to seeing the rest of the spin. I hope you have a good Monday leading to a manageable Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a delightful weekend, especially yesterday! The weather was perfect! I love your haircuts... you both look so stylish! :) Have a great Monday and an easy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, hello to MO! That is a beautiful photo of you, Mo, and your Mom.

    Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a really lovely weekend. You and Mo look great with your new haircuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new haircuts look lovely on Mo and you. She is definitely your "mini-me" and you are your Mom's "mini-me" as well. Sounds like a lovely weekend. Sending growing prayers for your plants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The haircuts are so cute, as is the photo of your three generations of mini-me's! (also, hi Mo!) The plants are looking great. Marc's tomatoes already have flowers (which maybe makes having to turn on the AC this weekend a bit more bearable?!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photographs of three beautiful women with wonderful smiles. My Mom and I looked a lot alike. When someone commented or comments that I look like my Mom, I always reply that it's one of the nicest compliments I can receive. The little hat is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely photos -- of you and Mo (Hey, Mo!), and both of you with your mom. XO It sounds like such a lovely weekend, Sarah. And your raised bed looks so charming! I can't wait to watch it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that picture of you three! Great haircuts, and such sparkly smiles.

    ReplyDelete