Pages

Friday, May 19, 2023

What a Week!

TGIF, friends! It's been a very long week, mainly because it was a very long Wednesday. I knew it was going to be busy, but even I was shocked when I looked at my Fitbit app at the end of the day to get a sense of just how physically active I was:


That is officially the highest daily step total I have ever had. Added to the fact that this total included a run in the morning and a successful blood donation, I am surprised that I did not keel over at the end of the day. That might have something to do with the fact that I brewed extra coffee in the morning so that I could have an iced coffee after lunch, but I suspect the real reason was a certain someone's snoring when I was trying to fall asleep.

Thankfully work has been calmer this week, other than a few extra meetings, so I've had a little more mental rest. I haven't managed to do a ton of crafting, but things are getting closer to finished. In particular, this Newborn Vertebrae must get done today, because I found out yesterday that the recipient has been born!

As you can see, there's not much left to do -- just a little bit of the second sleeve to finish. I should be able to knock that out pretty quickly, give the sweater a quick block, and then pop it in the mail tomorrow.

Once the sweater is finished, I'll be turning my attention to my wheel and plying up these singles:

I am very excited to see how this yarn looks when it's finished, so I'm hoping things work out to allow me to get to plying today.

Tomorrow Mo and I are going to check out a brand-new local(ish) fiber festival. It's a fairly small event, but there are several vendors we know and want to see, including Lisa of Fibernymph Dye Works, who I have not seen in person since we went to Vogue Knitting Live in Columbus back in November 2019. I haven't told her I'm coming so that I can surprise her! The weather is supposed to be pretty crummy tomorrow morning, so a little fiber therapy should do the trick. The sun is supposed to return on Sunday, which will be perfect for planting the flowers we'll be picking up from our synagogue preschool's plant sale. I'm hoping that the weekend is good for catching up on sleep, reading, and stitching.

Have a wonderful weekend and a good end to your week!

7 comments:

  1. You definitely deserve a lovely weekend after this active week. Plants, fiber, and time spent with your daughter sound just about perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! (Still wow'ing your step count!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a little bit envious that you get to go to a fiber festival. ;-)

    Vera and I have to wait until September. I suppose the payoff is that we may actually get to go to TWO!

    Have a great time. I look forward to seeing what you bring home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! That's a ton of steps. I might need a nap after just reading about your steps. Hahahaha As Dee said, slightly envious, but I sure hope you and Mo have a fabulous time. In addition to Fibernymph yarns, I have knit with Youghiogheny yarns (very nice) as well as June Pryce Fiber Arts (that's the yarn I used to knit my Odyssey shawl - LOVE). The other vendors look good too. And plants on Sunday - have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, that is a lot of steps. The total makes me tired just reading about it. How fun that you and Mo will going to a local fiber festival. It sure would be fun to see Lisa's yarn and fiber all together, live and in-person. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of steps! Thank goodness for the iced coffee - I hope it propelled you forward! I hope you and Mo had fun at the fiber festival yesterday and I can't wait to see if you splurged on anything. Happy planting today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a HUGE amount of steps! I hope the fiber festival was fun!

    ReplyDelete