Pages

Monday, February 19, 2024

Let's Not Have a Repeat

Good Monday morning, friends! I'm feeling fairly chipper this morning, but I'm also hoping that this Monday is not in any way like the last one. I am healing and looking much better, but I was also awakened at 4 a.m. yesterday by the realization that my retainer/night guard had broken in two, so I'm feeling a bit like I still have some bad karma related to my teeth. Calling my orthodontist is on top of my to-do list today!

The weekend was very quiet and relaxing, which was what I desperately needed. There was a lot of baking. I made challah on Friday, of course, and then I made cookies just because on Saturday and Mo and I make pumpkin bread/muffins yesterday because she'd been craving them.

The cookies were made using this recipe, though I made a half recipe, omitted the marshmallows, and used half chocolate chips and half peanut butter chips that I found at Trader Joe's recently. They are amazing! I also made chicken soup from scratch yesterday for dinner, so needless to say that house smelled pretty good all weekend.

Having a warm, sweet-smelling house felt very appropriate given that we woke up to about half a foot of snow on Saturday morning! This was predicted, though they'd said 3-5 inches, and luckily it was light, fluffy snow that didn't really stick around much on the roads, so it caused minimal disruption. Much of the day was sunny, though still cold, and occasionally the wind picked up and blew the snow around. When I came downstairs Saturday evening, I was treated to this sight out the back of the house, which faces west (please excuse the dirty windows):

Though some of the weekend was spent doing the usual household chores, I also got quite a bit of crafting done. For one thing, I've finished the singles on my latest handspun project, so I'm ready to ply today:

And I also worked quite a bit on my sweater while the soup was simmering yesterday afternoon and am now closing in on the end of the body:

I've got a long to-do list today aside from anything that comes up at work, so I'd better get started! Have a good one, and I'll see you back here on Wednesday.

11 comments:

  1. I'm envious of your pretty snow and house filled with lovely baked goods! We ended up with about 10"+ of heavy wet snow on Saturday but it looks like we'll be snow-free this week. I'm looking forward to seeing what those singles look like plied!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear you are continuing to heal, but I'm sorry about your mouth guard. All your baking looks delicious! It must have been the day for home made soup for dinner. You made some, Bonny made some, I made some and my SIL made some (I'm betting there were others as well!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was baking here over the weekend as well! (it was the perfect weekend for that, I agree!) I am glad you continue to heal... I hope you are back to normal soon! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! All that baking looks delicious! Love the sweater too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your lovely baked goods look scrumptious! I really do need to start baking again, it’s been way too long. I can’t believe how quickly your sweater is coming along, love it . Take care of yourself and enjoy your day ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When all I have to do is knit in the round, it goes very quickly!

      Delete
  6. Oh Laws! When it rains, it pours at your house. Hope from this minute on, things get better.

    The pumpkin baking looks delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm envious of your snow storm. I'd like to have one more good snow but I don't think it's going to happen. Your baking looks wonderful. I hope your Monday wasn't too crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your weekend sounds heavenly. I totally adore the colors of your sweater....and the stripe placement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take credit for the stripe placement, but that's the pattern's doing!

      Delete
  9. I always find that my "troubles" bunch up together. (Said the woman who has had 5 dental appointments since mid-December . . . ) Hope your week is off to a great start, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete