Pages

Monday, February 12, 2024

Monday Again

Unlike last weekend, I felt like this weekend needed another day. I think this is probably because I didn't get as much sleep as I probably needed, but such is life. It was still a good weekend overall, in large part due to time spent with friends and family. Mo and I played mahjongg with a couple of friends on Saturday afternoon -- her first time playing without me looking over her shoulder and advising her, and she even won a hand! -- and we had some other friends over for dinner Saturday night. Then we were up early yesterday morning to meet my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew for breakfast, now that he is eating real food. Mo got in some cuddle time:


Then we had snacks for dinner last night for the Super Bowl -- cheese and crackers, Buffalo chicken dip, raw veggies, and homemade soft pretzels:

Mo's been wanting to make these for a while, and they were actually much easier than I expected. We'll definitely be making them again, though we have some adjustments in mind. We watched most of the game but turned it off after regulation ended; I was just not that invested in it to see who won! But Mo was very happy with the result this morning, and anything that gets her up and out of bed on time on a Monday morning is a win for me!

I got a fair amount of knitting done on my sweater over the weekend, and I did confirm that it fits! I'm now in the easy part, the body, where I just have to knit straight until it's time to do the ribbing at the hem.

Each of my stripes is an inch wide, and the pattern calls for working until the body is 12 inches long, so that means three repeats of my four-color sequence. Knowing that is nice because I won't constantly be measuring my knitting -- I can just count stripes! I've also been weaving in my ends as I go, which does slow me down a little but is something I know I'll really appreciate when I get to the end.

In another instance of all my projects matching each other, unintentionally, I'm going to be starting my next spinning project today with this fiber:

This is the other Tour de Fleece prize colorway from last year. It's called Saint-Gervais Mont-Blanc, and it's the same Silky Merino base as my last spin. I'll be spinning another three-ply fingering with it.

Today I am hoping for a calm day. I've got a few loads of laundry to do and a load of socks to hand wash, and I'm sure I will need a cat nap later this afternoon. I hope your Monday is off to an okay start and treats you gently!

12 comments:

  1. Mo and your nephew are adorable, and those soft pretzels look delicious. I hope work stays calm because I want to see more of your sweater and that fiber. Both are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute photo of Mo and your nephew. You got a LOT done on that sweater. I expect you'll be wearing it by next Monday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of Mo with your nephew is adorable. I hope you can get a nap in today! And those pretzels look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Echoing everyone else: love the shot of Mo and your nephew - what a cute picture. Your sweater is gorgeous - will it have long or short sleeves? Those pretzels - YUM I love soft pretzels, but I try not to eat them very often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sweater is looking so good! Those pretzels look amazing—I've been meaning to try making some gf ones as it's been years since I've had one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that top photo is so good - and can't get over how much Mo looks like you! (did you look like her when you were that age? or am I just "seeing things"?) Love your Super Bowl snacks ... I wonder how sourdough pretzels would be?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Your nephew is growing into such a big boy already! He is just adorable -- and so is his adoring Mo. XO The sweater looks great, Sarah. I really do think striped things knit up so much faster than plain things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great picture of Mo and Baby! And good for her on her mahjong win.
    (For a split second, before I scrolled all the way down, I thought that was a picture of YOU!)
    I'm such a stripes fan -- so I love seeing that sweater progress. Curious about the sleeves...what length? I'm looking at a few 'bracelet length' sweaters. Now I'm wondering if I'll always be trying to pull my sleeves down?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. Mo and her little cousin are darling together. Like Carolyn, before I really looked I thought it might be you. I do like the coincidence of projects and sometimes book covers being color coordinated. The stripes in that sweater look like they are fun to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a fantastic photo of Mo and that darling baby! He looks very snuggle-able! And your pretzels look so delicious! But your sweater... it is just flying, Sarah! We only watched until the 3rd quarter (likewise not really caring who won) but I managed to almost finish another sock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your sweater, mainly because I have visions of similar one in the back of my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing to me that these colors were grouped together because they're pretty much exactly what I'd pick on my own!

      Delete