Pages

Friday, February 16, 2024

Week's End

I want to start off by thanking all of you for your comments on Wednesday's post about my accident. I really appreciate your concern and your well wishes! I am definitely improving every day; the scratches are healing and shrinking, the bruises are diminishing, and the sore spots are getting less so. I will have to wait a bit until my smile looks normal; once my lip fully heals, I'll go back to the dentist for a veneer to cover the broken tooth. But the dentist was able to smooth the rough edges of the tooth, so at least it feels less awkward in my mouth now, and I'm more or less able to eat normally. I imagine I'll have some pain and sensitivity in the front teeth for a while, but I'll take it given how much worse things could have ended up. I may even attempt a run today -- don't worry, I'll take it slow and be extra careful!

I am very happy that it's finally Friday -- needless to say, it's been a long week! Mo is home with me today and Monday, as her second trimester ended yesterday and the teachers have in-service days. Even though I'm still working, it feels a bit like a break to me, too, because I get a couple of days off from getting her out of bed and out the door in the morning.

I have been slowly and steadily working on my STRIPES! this week, and at least according to the pattern, I'm now more than halfway through the stockinette portion of the body.

The pattern says to work for 12 inches below the underarm, and the math works out really well for me because each of my stripes is an inch wide, so with a four-color stripe sequence, that works out to three repeats. I'm currently on the seventh stripe (which you can't really see because the bottom is curling up). What is also pleasing me is that, assuming I don't want to add any additional length to the body, I'll be doing the ribbing at the bottom in the light blue, which will match the collar.

I'm also still working on my color-coordinated spinning, and I'm nearly finished with my second bobbin of singles.

My next club shipment arrived earlier this week, so I'm trying to hurry up a little on this so I can fit one more spin in this month.

In a happy note, my parents came home from Florida earlier this week in order to get their taxes organized and spend some time with the family, so tonight we will have our usual Friday night dinner. Mo and I plan to bake challah later to take with us. We're supposed to get some snow tonight (I know!), so I predict it will be a cozy weekend spent mostly indoors.

Whatever you have planned this weekend, I hope it's a good one!

12 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling a bit better this morning! So... striped sweaters knit up like striped socks... fast!! (I might have to try this one!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite nice that the sweater math is working out! It's also nice that Mo is home for a long weekend and you can bake challah for dinner tonight with your parents. You deserve a long weekend yourself to rest, relax, and heal. I hope you have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I missed the post about your fall. Hope you heal quickly. Your stripes are lovely. Enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear that you are healing and less sore. Do take it easy!!! Enjoy your time with family and I'm hoping the snow isn't bad (we are on cat feeding duty this weekend, so I HAVE to go out).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very happy to read that you are getting better.

    Your sweater just gets prettier and prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to hear you are recovering. I think that sweater has some good karma. Imagine that stripe sequence working out so well and coordinating with the collar and the ribbing. Enjoy a restful weekend. If you run, do take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sweater is looking great and I'm relieved to hear that you are doing better and recovering! I hope you had a great time with your family last night and that you can rest all weekend long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah your sweater is looking awesome and your spinning is beautiful. Enjoy your time with your family ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you're feeling better, Sarah! Good for you for being ready to try a "gentle" run again. I think it's always good to move, you know . . . ;-) I love your stripes. And they DO seem to knit up quickly, don't they? XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that sweater! Those stripes! I am glad you are healing enough to attempt a gentle run. Take care, though -- bits of broken pavement can jump up at any moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am keeping an extra close eye on the sidewalk these days. And whether it was coincidence or because I fell there, I noticed late last week that the people who live where I fell were having their sidewalk pavers fixed so there's no longer a place to trip!

      Delete