Pages

Friday, May 17, 2024

Almost Time for Weekending

It's been one of Those Weeks here, so I am very happy to see Friday come. I have been into the office twice this week for meetings, and starting next week, I'll have to go in Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I'm not very happy about it, but perhaps someone will realize before too long that I don't get anything done in the office that I can't get done at home and I can go back to full-time remote (I certainly plan to bring it up at my annual review, that's for sure). The Mister's also been away on a work trip for a couple of days, which on the one hand means I've been sleeping better but on the other means I'm doing two school runs a day. Needless to say, I plan on getting in some extra relaxation time this weekend!

Although I've been kept busy during the day, Mo and I have continued our Downton Abbey watching in the evening (we just finished season 4 last night!), and I've been working on my colorwork cowl. I'm getting closer and closer to the end -- I'm on the fifth repeat, and I'm hoping that when I finish it, I'll be happy with the length and can close it up.

Although I didn't plan it this way, the yarn I'm using for the colorwork pattern is just a tad thicker than the background color, and I love how it looks a little three-dimensional here. I expect things will even out with blocking, but it's fun for now.

On a totally different subject, I know at least a couple of you have tried the Tin Can Knits app and, like me, were a little annoyed that it didn't keep your place in a pattern. Well, yesterday I got an email from the TCK folks in which they specifically asked for app feedback, so I sent off a message expressing my frustration with this one thing. Within just a few hours, I got a reply back from Emily that the app does in fact keep your place! Perhaps this has changed since I last used it or I was doing something wrong, but either way I'm happy to see it working as I always thought it should.

Here's a screenshot from my iPhone (it may look different on a tablet or an Android device). When I opened up the pattern, I kept hitting that yellow/orange down arrow button to move on to the next step. I verified that when you quit the app, reopen it, and pull up your pattern again, it does indeed go back to where you were. This make me very happy because the TCK Simple Collection is such a great one for baby knits, and it's always nice not to have to find a paper pattern that I printed out and then misplaced.

We've got close to nothing on the calendar this weekend -- just a haircut appointment for Mo. It's supposed to be rainy again, at least on Saturday. I'm hoping to get some soil to fill in the second planter for the front yard and put the last of my Mother's day plants in. And we might have to do a little shopping ahead of a trip out of town next weekend for my cousin's daughter's bat mitzvah. Whatever's on the schedule for you, enjoy it!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the work situation...hope that can work out quickly (meaning no need to go into the office). Meanwhile your cowl is just lovely and the 3-d-ishness of it is fun! Here's to a relaxing weekend - hope you can rest and enjoy some time doing things you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that whatever your schedule, you settle in quickly (as does your boss! Ha!)

    That cowl is really adorable, Sarah... like Vera, I really like the 3-d-ishness as well! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn’t that Downton Time with Mo a nice “built-in” break?! Glad you’re doing it—sounds like a good time to be enjoying a little escape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think anymore I live for Friday’s 😀 Oh that is good news about the app and I will have to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited about the app! I'm not sure if I was using it incorrectly or if they changed it, but either way I'm going to be using it a lot more.

      Delete
  5. Is this forced in person schedule part of that new ridiculous job title and structure? If so, I hope it can be rectified quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know that TCK had an app. So thank you for the information. The cowl is so vibrant. What a pretty piece.

    ReplyDelete