Pages

Friday, May 24, 2024

And We're Off

Just a quick post from me today -- we're leaving this morning for the airport for our quick weekend trip! I've taken the day off from work, Mo is done with her finals, and we're looking forward to celebrating with family this weekend. I don't anticipate a lot of knitting time this weekend, so I'm just taking my current pair of socks in progress. But I did cast on a my Rift tee on Wednesday evening and got some of the ribbing done:

I'm playing it a bit fast and loose with this cast-on; I didn't really get gauge, but the fabric was so loose and flexible and this tee is so forgiving that I'm plowing on ahead with the suggested needles. I will check the fit as I go, and if the worst thing that happens is that I have to rip and start over, I'll manage. It's been a long time since I last knit with needles this big -- US 8/5 mm! -- that I can't imagine it will take me too much time to make a signifiant amount of progress, at least once I get past the twisted ribbing.

This afternoon we have tickets to the Art Institute of Chicago, and I can just imagine us reenacting the scene there from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, see this clip.) If you follow me on Instagram, you may get to see some shenanigans.

Have a wonderful long weekend if you're in the States, and have a great weekend if you're not!

10 comments:

  1. Safe Travels and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with smooth travel and celebrating with family (and maybe just a little bit of knitting)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear it! Extra cheers for Mo—finishing finals feels SO GOOD. And how fun to hop on a plane once they’re done! Have a wonderful celebration with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have safe and happy travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your weekend and save travels, I’ve heard parts of downtown Chicago is a nightmare. I love that movie! Bueller, Bueller ….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very thankful I did not have to drive through the city -- and that we have GPS to tell us where to go! There seemed to be construction everywhere in addition to all the usual traffic.

      Delete
  7. Have a fantastic weekend! I will be watching your IG feed! Beuller, Beuller!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet that Tee will work out just fine. Enjoy the weekend and the family celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have a fantastic weekend with lots of family (and knitting) time! :) Also congrats to Mo for finishing her finals, I hope she will have a fantastic summer!

    ReplyDelete