Pages

Monday, May 06, 2024

Home to Roost

Many thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes for my nephew and your wishes for safe travel home for Mo. The class arrived on time Friday evening, and from what we've heard from parents of some of her classmates, it seems that everyone had a great time but also was completely worn out by the trip. Mo spend a good portion of the weekend sleeping and generally relaxing, and I can't say I blame her. It was a rainy weekend and good for just that kind of thing.

We didn't let the rain get in the way of celebrating the birthday, though, and I'm happy to report that the chicken was a hit:

I didn't know that his outfit would coordinate!

Right after I snapped this photo, he immediately tried to put the chicken in his mouth, which my brother said he does with anything he really likes, so I'll take it as a compliment.

I spent the weekend doing a little of this and a little of that. I've started spinning that gorgeous fiber I shared on Friday and thought it best to start with the darkest blue, as it's likely to be the most tedious. It's been good to do while reading on my iPad. And I've given a fair amount of attention to my colorwork cowl:

I'm currently on the third repeat of the pattern, and I think when I get through five, I'll see if it's long enough for my taste. I'd really like to get this finished up so I can both write up the pattern and feel okay about casting on a new project -- specifically, a summer tee. While the weather was more seasonable over the weekend, we had a little taste of summer last week, and it's gotten me thinking about warm-weather knits.

We have a fairly normal week ahead, with Mo's spring choir concert on Thursday evening. I'm hoping for calm and good sleep for all of us. Hope your week is off to a good start!

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture of your nephew and his chicken! Glad Mo is home safely and hope she was able to rest and catch up over the (cold and chilly) weekend. Your cowl is gorgeous Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful picture that truly shows your nephew's delight at his very own chicken! Here's hoping work leaves you plenty of time for spinning, knitting, and reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It warms my heart to see your little nephew and his chicken! What a perfect gift for him, Sarah. (And . . . your little guy looks like a U of M fan!) I'm so glad Mo had a fun adventure with her class. Enjoy this end-of-school-year time. (And your cowl is really lovely, Sarah. It looks like fun to knit, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable expression you captured! Pure joy. Glad Mo's experience was a great one -- AND that she had a cozy weekend to recuperate.
    Your colorwork cowl is gorgeous, Sarah!
    Here's to a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture of your nephew with his birthday chicken is adorable and I love that they are matching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nephew with his chicken... perfection! And that cowl is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, look at that delighted face! Glad the chicken was a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That photo of your nephew is darling. He is indeed happy to receive that chicken. The cowl is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete